The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night,I was driving home and I got a Low Coolant indicator and the Yellow check engine light. I was about 5 miles from home so I just kept going and kept my eye on the Temp gauge . The engine temps stayed in the normal range . The next morning I checked the Header tank and it was a little low , so I topped it off and started the Esprit, thinking that should do it, But NO. Both lights are still on. Espritmon gives me QD-B and Freescan gives me 26-B. I tried clearing the faults , but they come back , I all so tried disconnecting the battery, no help. I hope the Forum Guys can point me in the right direction . :scratchhead:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Take the header tank off and wash it out with hot water. Make sure the float for the sensor moves freely. When the tank is not full, the scum that floats on top gums up the sensor. Keep the header tank filled to the proper level. If it is low you have leaks and you should find and fix them.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you clean the float? I removed it , but it's enclosed tube with the float inside. It rattles when I shake it.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Vulcan Gray , I sent a PM to Add Lightness asking how you repair the coolant switch , hope he gets back to me. Just an up date: I put the float assembly in my Ultra Sonic cleaner with soapy water for 4 minutes , dried and blow it out with shop air and reinstalled No Help. I disconnected the wires to the float switch and started the Esprit, no check engine light and no coolant telltale light. Freescan shows No Error Codes---- so I think my float valve switch is Tango Uniform.:shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts