The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to lotus ownership and I accidentally filled my 2006 Exige with normal, unleaded gas... and I'm wondering if you guys think this could cause my check engine light to come on. Anyone know or have any experience with this? :(

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Take it easy for this tank of gas... you will have reduced power and could possibly damage something if you beat on it. If you're really worried you can drive it until you use a few gallons of gas and then top it off with race fuel to bring the average octane rating up.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
if it's not supercharged you will live. If it's s/c'd take it real easy or you could lose the motor.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For anyone who reads this and may have done the same, I brought it into TJ and he found a small leak between my engine and SC, and also suggested the same thing that you all said. It turns out when I changed the gas back to half premium the light went away, so it was probably a combination of the the two problems. Thanks for the responses though, they let me keep my sanity as I made the drive to FVMC!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts