The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out of the country for about a month. When I returned the battery was low and the car would not start, so I recharged the battery overnight. When I started the car, the check engine light came on, so.....................

Could this be a for real problem or could it be because I recharged the battery and something has to be re-set ? Anybody had this problem before when or if you recharge the battery ?

The main reason I ask is because the nearest dealer in in San Francisco, which is 2 hours away. I am still under warranty till 9/09.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
read the code with an obd2 reader, probably just telling you the ecu was reset , if its not flashing the light its probably nothing to worry about

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read the code with an obd2 reader, probably just telling you the ecu was reset , if its not flashing the light its probably nothing to worry about
I figured something was reset. And the light does not flash; it's just on. In addition, the car drives just fine.

Thanks for the piece of mind. On the other hand, I will be in SF next week, so I will take it with some piece of mind that it just needs to be re-set.

Thanks a bunch.

Jose

1 - 3 of 3 Posts