Registered
8,270 Posts
4 from Park Place Ltd alone!

·
Registered
538 Posts
grudkin said:
Sad, really. So many speculators.
Not really. At least one of the ads is mine, and it's for a car we had intended to keep. It's also looking like I can afford to sell the car for significantly less than the asking price.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There was a yellow one for sale that stated the following in the Ad description:

"Lotus does not allow going over 6,000 RPM until the first service is complete or they will void the warranty! I drove it lightly and lotus granted the warranty at the first service which was at just over 1000 miles!"

I don't recall this requirement stated in the Ops Manual. If so, I am cooked. ;) I got 950 miles and the service is just around the corner. I read in the manual about not being overly sympathetic to the car. So I had no sympathy for her and broke her in the appropriate "race bred" style. Hey Toyota makes F1 engines as well, got to be good. :D

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
mact3333 said:
did they at least include the vaseline???...:)
I don't know, I'll have to ask my wife... she got it for me as an X-mas present :p

I see you are in Portland. I like to run at PIR with the BMW club, if you happen to be there sometime, look for an Elise with plates "GUFBALL" and say "Hi!".

·
Registered
970 Posts
sleepless said:
I don't know, I'll have to ask my wife... she got it for me as an X-mas present :p

I see you are in Portland. I like to run at PIR with the BMW club, if you happen to be there sometime, look for an Elise with plates "GUFBALL" and say "Hi!".
Im sure we will definitely meet then cause I try to make alot of the BMW track events at PIR also(used to have BMW)...I will have a mag blue one hopefully by Spring.

·
Registered
970 Posts
sleepless said:
Small world! We've probably "met" at the track then. This is my previous track car which the Elise is replacing:

http://www.hpaownersclub.com/insect/pals/m3/m3.htm

If you were there in Sept 2003, it was the car that crashed into the wall on the back straight at PIR (brake failure :().

See ya' at the track next year.

great looking e36 M3!...I had a E46 Imola red M3 with 19" SSR GT3 wheels and PSS 9 coilovers...sold it this summer...perhaps we have met???..:)

·
Registered
970 Posts
sleepless said:
Small world! We've probably "met" at the track then. This is my previous track car which the Elise is replacing:

http://www.hpaownersclub.com/insect/pals/m3/m3.htm

If you were there in Sept 2003, it was the car that crashed into the wall on the back straight at PIR (brake failure :().

See ya' at the track next year.

it seems like thats where 90% of the accidents occur...while your accident was from brake failure, most people find it very slick at that spot including myself...I think alot of oil seeps up on that last turn before back straightaway...my back end got squirrely there more than once...another Imola E46 M3 wrecked there during first PIR outing of 04'...will probably do a few BMW/Lotus trackdays and I also run with Cascade Sports Club.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just to clarify, my crash was in the braking zone at the end of the back straight; but I know what you mean on the last turn before it as well. For your entertainment, here is the in-car footage of the crash.

Basically, on most modern cars, the brake biasing is controlled by the ABS system. My ABS light came on in the Festival Turns. I figured, no big deal, I'll slow down and go in to the pits. Well, all this thinking was going on while I remained at speed on the back straight. Went for the brakes, and since the ABS was dead, I had 50/50 brake bias so the rears locked up. I couldn't catch it and the wall was too close. All fixed and better now.

Moral of the story "don't ignore any idiot lights", else you become an idiot (like me that day!).

I look forward to meeting you at PIR next year.

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Seattle visit

Hey Sleepless............Tough footage. Doesn't look like you did anything wrong!!! Scary!!! It happened to me on a straight at Watkins on a cold track.............Long story...............anyway.........My wife is from Seattle and we always go there for Christmas. I get VERY bored so I visit Park Place a few times to say hi to the guys out there and also visit that little go cart place in Bellevue,,,,,,,,,,,Champs????? Anyway, if you PM me or send me an e mail at [email protected], maybe we can hook up and bash some go karts around. Same goes for anyone in the Seatle area who'll be there over Christmas???? Just an idea...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts