The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,047 Posts
2008 Exige Cup Car...2.9 pulley...750 injectors.....100 octane.....look OK?
Was the car tuned for 100 octane? I'd expect more power unless that dyno reads really low. I'm at 281rwhp on 91 octane with a lower AFR. @Phil for his opinion.

San

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the car tuned for 100 octane? I'd expect more power unless that dyno reads really low. I'm at 281rwhp on 91 octane with a lower AFR. @Phil for his opinion.

San
Yes this Dyno is quite a bit less than my Dyno jet in NC...I will re Dyno in 2 weeks...curve looks ok and safe to me.....I was going for safe as this will be a DE car and not a race car for now

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts

San
Not all dynos are created equal for sure and the conditions of the pull, tire air pressure and compostion, fuel, heat saturation of the inlet system, etc all factor in a bunch when trying to compare his numbers to yours... that said, that curve looks more like that from a standalone like the EFI than the stock ECU, so again, if I'm right, another variable.

Congrats on the new car doc!

Phil

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not all dynos are created equal for sure and the conditions of the pull, tire air pressure and compostion, fuel, heat saturation of the inlet system, etc all factor in a bunch when trying to compare his numbers to yours... that said, that curve looks more like that from a standalone like the EFI than the stock ECU, so again, if I'm right, another variable.

Congrats on the new car doc!

Phil
Yes it is an EFI. The good news, Phil, is that it has the stock 260 Cup ECU as well!.......I suspect you could get more power with your tune.....I was going to go with the 2.7 pulley but decided to play it safe with the 2.9

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Yes it is an EFI. The good news, Phil, is that it has the stock 260 Cup ECU as well!.......I suspect you could get more power with your tune.....I was going to go with the 2.7 pulley but decided to play it safe with the 2.9
I think you're smart to stick with the 2.9/3.0....

EFI makes sense. The graph looked to be a dead give away...

Feel free to send me the map and I can see if it's close to where it should be.

Cheers!

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts

San
That particular car was running in the Cup class of Lotus Cup and was supposed to be limited to ~245 RWHP under class rules. I'm sure it could be improved upon by Phil with his Fastworks tune even with the stock S/C pulley. ;)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That particular car was running in the Cup class of Lotus Cup and was supposed to be limited to ~245 RWHP under class rules. I'm sure it could be improved upon by Phil with his Fastworks tune even with the stock S/C pulley. ;)
Yes it was legal until I bought it and changed the pulley as well as injectors....my 2-11 I think has 248 RWHP with Phils tune and stock pulley

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Yes it was legal until I bought it and changed the pulley as well as injectors....my 2-11 I think has 248 RWHP with Phils tune and stock pulley
Doc,

Do you have headers on the 2-11? If so, FW's tune should yield higher RWHP numbers -- check your records. :)

Get BOE's intake (to go along with the injectors) and Phils tune on the stock ECU for the Exige Cup255, if you haven't done so already.

Also, adding a smaller pulley very often only adds a bit more HP for the first few laps --- then the higher IATs due to the extra heat caused by spinning the MP62 faster actually makes the car slower on track. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts