The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I have no idea what that is, but it sure looks fun.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
The fashionable under-seat exhaust routing is pretty funny. Looks like fun. How much?

EDIT: found it. MadAss IT'S FINALLY HERE! THE ULTIMATE 50cc SCOOTER Pretty cool. More of a small motorcycle than a scooter. Looks like it would be fun with the real engine placement, suspension, and fat tires. Do you know how fast it will go with the 50cc?

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Wow, it has a four-speed tranny and clutch too. It's like a minibike crossed with a Confederate Hellcat :).

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are made by an Australian company and imported by Tomberlin here in the U.S. I paid 1600 OTD with shipping to my house. A 125 version comes out later in the year. you can up the HP or swap the motor for cheap.
PM if you want the guys contact info.
YouTube - Sachs Madass

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Very cool minibike! This would be even more awesome with the 125cc!! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
In many states (mine included) if it's under 50cc it can be licensed as a moped (many advantages to this). I have a Yamaha Zuma it's 49cc's but will still do 45mph, downhill and tailwind help. One advantage of the moped spec is that you don't need a "motorcycle" drivers license so my wife can drive it legally.

·
Registered
907 Posts
It looks like a lot of fun to go zooming around on.

Pardon my ignorance, but coming from the UK I know nothing about this but can you drive it on the road? Does it need to be registered and insured?:shrug:

·
Registered
485 Posts
No motorcycle license necessary!!! I am buying one NEXT WEEK!!!! I've always wanted a motorized bike to move myself around!
Are you sure 50cc is enough to move you around. rotfl rotfl

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
You might want to put it on your insurance policy. It will cost next to nothing, and cover you if you cause a bad accident.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Dude that thing is awesome! I would have LOVED to have one of those in college (although I couldn't afford it back then... I had an $800 Corolla instead).

What is the engine power output and the top speed on the 50 cc version?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts