The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder @ Maintenr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was referred to this forum by one of the members when I posted about my project on another site and he informed me that you guys would probably like it.

I have been working on a free platform for car enthusiasts, you can the gist of features on the website: https://www.maintenr.com/

If you ever saw some of the $10,000 systems mechanics use to manage customers, this is something like that (but cooler) for personal use to manage your cars.

Let me know what you think!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
It's a great idea. I've used man-machine interfaces and maintenance software for years on industrial machinery and automation systems. Keeping track of a fleet is a lot more difficult than one car but parts and tools can be very useful.

·
Founder @ Maintenr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a great idea. I've used man-machine interfaces and maintenance software for years on industrial machinery and automation systems. Keeping track of a fleet is a lot more difficult than one car but parts and tools can be very useful.
Thanks man! Sorry I have been super busy (as you can imagine).

If you requested an invitation, you should have it as of today.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like it so far, excellent and fast Reply to feed back.

As with anything else it has a couple bugs but those are fixed once addressed and with more people using it the better it will get.

I like the way you can load your tutorial on maintaining and or repairing that includes tools, parts (with part numbers and prices), and materials needed so you have notes for later, especially with jobs that are done years apart or to send to a friend getting ready to do the same repair.

Get this even if it's only for oil change and tire replacement and before you know it you will have a working log book of everything you do with your vehicles.

2007 Graphite Grey Exige

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
So, not quite clear on how to get the software... or this all web based? I just scanned over what the software does. I would use it...

·
Registered
296 Posts
There's a flaw in your invite redemption process. Screw up the captcha and subsequent attempts have no picture of one to try and decipher, but the page keeps popping an error "Problem Encountered The captcha was not entered correctly." every time you enter username/pass and then click Register. Close the browser, retry. Click original link from email. Different browsers (at least FF and Chrome,) doesn't matter. No way to move past this.

*edit
I guess a server session or something expired overnight. The process worked when I tried it again this morning. :)

·
Founder @ Maintenr
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys, have been super busy for obvious reasons.

I like it so far, excellent and fast Reply to feed back.

As with anything else it has a couple bugs but those are fixed once addressed and with more people using it the better it will get.

I like the way you can load your tutorial on maintaining and or repairing that includes tools, parts (with part numbers and prices), and materials needed so you have notes for later, especially with jobs that are done years apart or to send to a friend getting ready to do the same repair.

Get this even if it's only for oil change and tire replacement and before you know it you will have a working log book of everything you do with your vehicles.

2007 Graphite Grey Exige
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. :up:

Looks promising, thanks for sharing

:up:

So, not quite clear on how to get the software... or this all web based? I just scanned over what the software does. I would use it...
Yes it's 100% web based (works on your phone too), simply request invitation using your email and you should have a link in 1-2 days!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bookmarked

:up:

There's a flaw in your invite redemption process. Screw up the captcha and subsequent attempts have no picture of one to try and decipher, but the page keeps popping an error "Problem Encountered The captcha was not entered correctly." every time you enter username/pass and then click Register. Close the browser, retry. Click original link from email. Different browsers (at least FF and Chrome,) doesn't matter. No way to move past this.

*edit
I guess a server session or something expired overnight. The process worked when I tried it again this morning. :)
You are not the only one, something happened and I can't figure what (yet).

But it should work now, I'm trying to reproduce it right now :(

Sorry about that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts