The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.OurDogsNeedARaceCar.com

Okay I'll admit that it still needs a good bit of editing, but I'm tired and need a fresh mind to edit it properly. Tell me what you guys think. Allyson thought of this idea since people gave to all of the other crazy people on the internet. Now I just need to submit it to a bunch of search engines :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sweet. Maybe I should set up something like that too. If you get just a couple bucks it's worth it.

You've got some grammar/typos in your second sentance.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woodrufj said:

You've got some grammar/typos in your second sentance.
It's okay we all do it from time to time ;)

I am just curious about the type of reactions we will get from people. I don't really think that anyone will donate enough to pay for anything. It's all for fun:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't really think that anyone will donate enough

That reminds me of a stunt I pulled my senior year in high school. If anybody remembers "USA for Africa" and the "We are the World" song...

I got bored at my job in the mall and decided that I needed to find a way to make more money. So I took a big drink cup and put a sign on it that said "Please give to the USA for Larry fund". The first couple days noone put anything in it but I noticed that people did look in the cup. I finally wised up and "primed" the cup with some quarters and a dollar bill or two and inevitably I'd have enough money at the end of a six hour shift to buy a sixpack of beer. :)

Not that I advocate doing this, but it still makes me laugh. What a bad person I must be...mabye the "engineer in hell" jokes will prove to be true. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Back in High School we had a fund raiser raffle for our Track team. About 10 months later my friend and I found the left over tickets. Hey, these things don't have a year on them. So we sold them around the neighborhood. Made about $150 between us. :)

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chris Robertson said:

I don't really think that anyone will donate enough to pay for anything. It's all for fun:D
I have two quarters, a nickel, a dime, and some lint in my pocket...

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only thing that I would change right off the bat....make it more about your dogs, and less about you. Make it seem like the site was writen by your dogs. Now that would be funny :)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Gunnar said:
The only thing that I would change right off the bat....make it more about your dogs, and less about you. Make it seem like the site was writen by your dogs. Now that would be funny :)
Ooh, good idea. Kinda like Star Wars.
You could show them holding up signs that say things like:
"Will fetch for race car" :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gunnar said:
That was the original idea.. but we ran out of creativity after the initial paragraph ;)

It is still a work in progress.. we need to take better pictures of the dogs.. Lobo is about 3 times the size (and not so blurry) now. :D

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Conemangler said:
You need a doggie helmet for them and a simpson single layer driving jacket.....
I was going to take a picture of my girl at the wheel of the car, but I didn't get a chance to last weekend. Maybe this weekend. Also if you look at the Updates section you'll see a story about the Nov 3rd event. That is the first thing I wrote for the site, and obviously the most creative. The entire site is supposed to be like that, but I've been lazy.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
serge928 said:

Wow Randy,

How do you do it? You always have an appropriate article or picture.

Serge
really impressed at web skills
Because I don't have an appropriate life? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts