The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Lotus Elise. I replaced the rear tires at 14,000 miles. Now the fronts have 22,000 and I noticed the inside edge is wearing out. Time for an alignment. If you live in So. Cal I have found the place. R & K Frame repair. The guys name is Steve and he really knows his job.

For some reason my car was out of wack. It took some shims on all four corners and a little toe in and now my baby is very happy. Steve took into consideration if I wanted all out handling or tire wear.

Give him a call @818-994-8520 next time you need/want your Lotus Aligned.
God knows what the factory did.

LPMNORTH

Ardent Red 2005 Lotus Elise
22,000 Miles
All Stock

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I don't think the reason your tires are lasting so long has to do with the alignment. You need to take your car to the track and you can wear them out much faster. I got about 6k out of my tires. I am sure that others have worked at it much harder and got even fewer miles. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I don't think the reason your tires are lasting so long has to do with the alignment. You need to take your car to the track and you can wear them out much faster. I got about 6k out of my tires. I am sure that others have worked at it much harder and got even fewer miles. Better luck next time.
Well done, sir! rotfl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts