The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll finally get a chance to see a Lotus tomorrow! found a guy who's meeting me at the mall thats got a red Elise.

looking forward to this, and then looking forward to moving on and either pursuing a Lotus, or perhaps a Corvette.

Mike

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i hope the lotus suits you, but even if it doesn't i'm sure you'll love the corvette - enjoy!..

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thats a nice guy doing this for you, but then again, all Lotus owners are nice :D. Have fun tomorrow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll finally get a chance to see a Lotus tomorrow! found a guy who's meeting me at the mall thats got a red Elise.

looking forward to this, and then looking forward to moving on and either pursuing a Lotus, or perhaps a Corvette.

Mike
I was told to be careful about sellers wanting to "meet you somewhere" with the car they're selling. Could be hot? Any truth to that?
Bruce

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Post back with your impressions ******#1. I'm very interested to read that thread!

You're in a win - win situation really. Vette or Lotus - either way I wish you many miles of smiles.

I'm going back to hell now.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I was told to be careful about sellers wanting to "meet you somewhere" with the car they're selling. Could be hot? Any truth to that?
...only if they ask you to bring a suitcase full of money and come alone...i think mike's meeting an owner kind enough to let him experience the car, not someone interested in selling...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I sold my Z06 for the Elise and the vette is a distant memory. I grew up a diehard V8 guy (owned several f-bodies), but it's funny - I miss the S2000 more than I miss the Z06!

Let us know how you like the Lotus. Hope to see you purchase one soon!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speechless. Dumbfounded. Awesome. Fabulous. Beautiful Car. Attention Getter. you name it, that was my impression of this Lotus!!!

now to the bad part.....

i couldnt get into it. how on earth does anyone fit in one of those things??? it was work just to get in and out. and when i did finally get in the drivers seat, i had to tilt my head so i didnt hit the roof. how could i even think about getting a Lotus if its impossible to get in and out of, and i wont even fit in one? i am 6'2", 240.

Mike

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
i couldnt get into it. how on earth does anyone fit in one of those things??? it was work just to get in and out. and when i did finally get in the drivers seat, i had to tilt my head so i didnt hit the roof. how could i even think about getting a Lotus if its impossible to get in and out of, and i wont even fit in one? i am 6'2", 240.
They have seat lowering mods you can do for your head hitting the roof. Also, you just learn and get used to getting in/out.

SEARCH the forums, there are couple of vids of egress/ingress.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Speechless. Dumbfounded. Awesome. Fabulous. Beautiful Car. Attention Getter. you name it, that was my impression of this Lotus!!!

now to the bad part.....

Mike
Well, to get in, may I suggest Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig? :p (Jk, It's probably muscle)
You can lower the seats I think. The Elise with the top off is a lot easier, when I rode in one a while back, it was fine. Though at 14, 5' 7" and 175 (Yeah, I'm fat.) It's a tad shorter anyway.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Are you sure the seat was all the way back? Someone your size shouldn't have an issue, size-wise.......maybe it was a flexibility and coordination issue.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts

now to the bad part.....

Mike
yeah your a big boy! beyond the elise "fit" demographic- and then you will never be able to track it. a helmet adds about 1.5 inches. i had an instructor at a track day that coulnd't fit in my car - sounds like about the same size as you - he was bummed! "man... i wanted to go for a ride in one of these things too!"

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Are you sure the seat was all the way back? Someone your size shouldn't have an issue, size-wise.......maybe it was a flexibility and coordination issue.
depends on 2 variable, if the height is in the torso or in the legs - if its in the torso then your head is in the roof. also where the weight is, if its in the bottom side, that raises you up more inches too. the instructor scenario looked like he would fit.... but there was no way.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
True, I know of a long torso fellow who is 6'3" and fits comfortably in his Exige so I don't see what's the problem. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
depends on 2 variable, if the height is in the torso or in the legs - if its in the torso then your head is in the roof. also where the weight is, if its in the bottom side, that raises you up more inches too. the instructor scenario looked like he would fit.... but there was no way.
+1

I'm 6'2" also, but more of my height is in my legs than my torso... no problem getting in/out, wearing a helmet, etc. Mind you, the first few times you get in and out, it will feel awkward... but after that it's a piece of cake.

I drove 1000 miles over four days last week, including ~200 track miles. Feels great!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They have seat lowering mods you can do for your head hitting the roof. Also, you just learn and get used to getting in/out.

SEARCH the forums, there are couple of vids of egress/ingress.
well, i searched the forum and didnt find any videos on getting in and getting out, etc,.

can somebody thats a better searcher than me post a link?

Mike

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R228AAAerjg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R228AAAerjg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Essentially this is how I get in an out, except getting out I just put one hand on the sidesill to help push myself out (rather than steerwing and roof). Getting in I put one leg in (I don't hunch over and shove my head in there) and 'fall in'. I'm 6' though so it may make a difference.

It was awkward at first and I'm still very ungraceful getting in the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
At 52 seconds you can see a guy getting into one--which is a good example of the proper biomechanics to do so.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0uwGzDUoSmY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0uwGzDUoSmY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 - 20 of 43 Posts