The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive used a lot of wax and detailing products in the past but I recently consulted with a guy direct at chemical guys detailing asked him whats the best set of your products that will give superior protection and a killer shine.

I have a aspen white exige with the metallic in it so white already is a hard color to make it pop.

He told me to wash, clay bar, wash, then
I used a new clay bar type towel " Speedy surface prep towel" clay bar is last years news!! Its a rubberized textured towel that leaves no residue behind and it works BETTER than clay I think.

EZ crème glaze II next
Jet seal 109 sealant 2 coats
then their 50/50 paste wax final coat.

HOLY this made even my white car gleam better than new cars! I recommend the above whole heartedly!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Big :up: for all the CG products listed.

I love the CG Creme Glaze II and all of their waxes I've tried have been awesome value for money (I'm using Butter Wet now).

Detailing zealots seem to be on a Zanio sealants tear lately. Personally I have a bottle of JetSeal 109 and I'm going to keep using it, then I might move over to try some Zanio Z2 Pro.

I like that you can supposedly rinse the prep towels instead of discarding them when they get dirty, but I also sort of like the peace of mind of knowing that when I've thrown out dirty clay, there's no lingering piece of dirt that's going to put a big mark in the panel I'm working on. Maybe I'll try one of those when I'm out of clay next too - they sure are expensive!

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That speedy detailing towel is a little pricy at 40 bucks but its a lot faster better and no clay residue to deal with. They say its good for 50 cars so like 1buck a car or less. Have it forever.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I use quite a lot of CG's products. My only complaint is they have too many products that seem to do the same thing! I've looked to buy a wax from their site several times and walked away confused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts