The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why has this turned into such a freaking circus act? Are people that whiny.... Nvm I already know the answer....

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Yes they are. Everyone already knew Chic fil a was a religiously inspired business, effer's have never been open on "the Lord's day" so why are people so shocked?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are. Everyone already knew Chic fil a was a religiously inspired business, effer's have never been open on "the Lord's day" so why are people so shocked?
Exactly... They asked the question knowing the answer.... I am guessing, just to make a big deal about it...

No one chastises Home Depot for funding the pride day parade, opening up a booth with obscene items, that little kids can see....

Or Mcdonalds, or Walmart for supporting and funding gay rights movements...

So why hoot and holler because someone has a different opinion...

It is so asinine it is laughable.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
What also drives me crazy is that people will stand in line for an hour for a free $3 sandwich when the opportunity cost of standing in line to begin with is far greater.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I don't think the liberals are against free speech.. they're against promoting hate.
No, they are against others expressing there values and feelings on things. Particularly when it does not agree with theirs. I don't see them telling people to hate anyone! Big difference my friend.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I personally don't see the whole thing as "gay is good" or "gay is bad". The CEO of a restaurant, spoke out and gave a respectful, mainstream opinion about a controversial issue. And then his corporation was attack, by politicians, and told that law makers would take measures to make success for his business much harder.

This is what made people mad in the first place; persecution by an official about a mainstream view point. I stood in line in a packed Chick-fil-a, and waited 30 mins for a chicken sandwich, and I did it because I support free speech, no matter which side of the issue you stand on. It was a peaceful and effective demonstration.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I personally don't see the whole thing as "gay is good" or "gay is bad". The CEO of a restaurant, spoke out and gave a respectful, mainstream opinion about a controversial issue. And then his corporation was attack, by politicians, and told that law makers would take measures to make success for his business much harder.

This is what made people mad in the first place; persecution by an official about a mainstream view point. I stood in line in a packed Chick-fil-a, and waited 30 mins for a chicken sandwich, and I did it because I support free speech, no matter which side of the issue you stand on. It was a peaceful and effective demonstration.
I totally agree. Personally I think gay's should have every right to marry and be miserable like most married couples :D Despite my personal views I feel in fairness everyone should be given equal rights to express their position on the matter.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
This has never been a free speech issue. Everybody (nearly) knows CFA has every right to have their opinons and support their sketchy charities. IT works both ways though. THose opposed have the right to express their disgust. Better yet each side can use free market forces to support or not support CFA.

I wont be eating there any longer. Its not that I am a gay marriage activist or anything, though I believe strongly they should be granted that right. I am not really anti religion either. The straw on the camels back for me are the "charities" the CEO supports. My conscience can't bear a small fraction of any dollar I spend going there. There are so many faith based charities that are positive and focus on more nobel things, i am not sure why cfa couldent support those instead. Better yet just stay out political statements all together, and serv a delicious sandwich.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
This has never been a free speech issue. Everybody (nearly) knows CFA has every right to have their opinons and support their sketchy charities. IT works both ways though. THose opposed have the right to express their disgust. Better yet each side can use free market forces to support or not support CFA.

I wont be eating there any longer. Its not that I am a gay marriage activist or anything, though I believe strongly they should be granted that right. I am not really anti religion either. The straw on the camels back for me are the "charities" the CEO supports. My conscience can't bear a small fraction of any dollar I spend going there. There are so many faith based charities that are positive and focus on more nobel things, i am not sure why cfa couldent support those instead. Better yet just stay out political statements all together, and serv a delicious sandwich.
It's pretty simple..it's their right too. Just like it is for you not to go there. Think of it that way and you won't be so annoyed.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
No, they are against others expressing there values and feelings on things. Particularly when it does not agree with theirs. I don't see them telling people to hate anyone! Big difference my friend.
Right......

I am one of the "they", since all us liberals are the same. The generalization is simply not true. I havent heard anybody trying to centure CFA. They have every right to express their opininon as an org. So does the KKK.....

The only rumor of injustice i heard was something about chicago refusing them a buiness permit or something. Of course that is completely uncostitutional and will not hold

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

+ 1,000,000!!!

I dont agree with you on a lot of threads, but I give a huge thumbs up on this one!!!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
It's pretty simple..it's their right too. Just like it is for you not to go there. Think of it that way and you won't be so annoyed.
Um, that is exactly what my post said.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Clearly you haven't been following the hypercritical nature of Liberals
I have been following the tendency of at least one conservitive to make absurd generalizations.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I have been following the tendency of at least one conservitive to make absurd generalizations.
Nice try but I'm a far cry from a conservative. I'm all for gay marriages and an Atheist. I just call it like I see it is all... cheers

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Exactly... They asked the question knowing the answer.... I am guessing, just to make a big deal about it...

No one chastises Home Depot for funding the pride day parade, opening up a booth with obscene items, that little kids can see....

Or Mcdonalds, or Walmart for supporting and funding gay rights movements...

So why hoot and holler because someone has a different opinion...

It is so asinine it is laughable.
Because Chick Fil A isnt going along with the "agenda."

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

My conscience can't bear a small fraction of any dollar I spend going there.
2 things. to your first point, he has the right to express his views, as you alluded to, and since he OWNS the company, by extension it is also CFAs views (regardless of how he tries to spin it). As far as it working both ways, a politician deciding that he wants to use OUR (not his) justice system to oppress someone sharing his personal views seems wrong.Especially when he did not advocate violence, nor hate. He just stated his beliefs, one which many Christians feel is true. What next? I publicly support the lakers and get banned from working in Boston (over-exaggeration for added effect)?

secondly, i think you better start drilling your own gas and growing what you eat, because face it... I bet at least 1 person, in a place of power, at some establishment/organization you have visited, probably has donated to something like that or done something you may not agree with. Maybe you went to a NBA game (any team). Guess what, you just gave some money to Ruben Patterson to pay off his rape victim, hence you better stop watching basketball. You better not have tuned into any Mike Tyson fights either :D. How about funding all those gas companies destroying communities in less developed nations where they can't fight back? Did you buy gas from one of them (better check on that so you can make sure you are buying gas at the right station). and ofcourse, since cable companies pay stations (including Christian stations who probably support such charities), there is no way you can have cable (unless its free :D)

And are you really going to compare hate groups that performed killings to voicing a particular view? maybe if the KKK only said being black is wrong, they could have been a strong organization today :D
But hey, its your view, do as you feel, just giving you a few pointers, just don't punish yourself by missing out on their sweet sweet chicken :)

1 - 20 of 613 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.