The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 1855 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To keep informed of events discussed here, you may want to subscribe to this thread. If you have never done so click "Subscribe to this thread" under the "Thread Tools" tab above. By doing so you will be sent an message to your email address (as opposed to a PM) whenever a post has been made here.

There have been several requests lately for information on Chicago area drives and get-togethers. Truth is, there aren't many. Since so many people have expressed an interest in getting together with members here, I figured we could start by getting together a list of those who are interested. If you care to include your first names and the city/suburb you live in, I will include it in the list.

We can also use this thread to discuss possible meeting places, events, or drives. Any suggestions?

Illinois
ace - Steve in Elmhurst
biscoradio - Rob in Wicker Park (Ukrainian Village)
chitown_CO - Danielle
choatie88 - Jonathan in Wicker Park
chuck_risen - Chuck in Glen Ellyn
Confidential - Rob in Wicker Park
costlydakota - Rich in Aurora
creafish - Creagh in Chicago
DPM - Dennis
drchris1 - Chris in Rock Island
Elise05jeff - Jeff
elisered06 - Mike in Sleepy Hollow
ExoticHottie - Kat
ervsch - erv
evomind - Mike
goelise - El in Lake County
gray - Lee
Irishfan04 - Andy
Ishur - Irwin in Libertyville
JAYKAY - Jim in Naperville
jds62f - Jeff
jcs - Josh in Crystal Lake
JimK - Jim in Bettendorf
maz - Mark
ML1media - John in Elmhurst
MLCrisis - Morgan, Tinley Park
Moto44 - Todd and Marguerite in Marengo
Nachtmensch - in Crystal Lake
naigvirr - Phil
OriginalBlackCi - Ramsen in downtown Chicago
Phlypside - Ty
RacyTracy - Tracy in Palatine
RacerRick - Rick
Ren Man - Ed in Brookfield, Il.
Sanj - Sanj
stinkyonion - in Oak Brook
SwingLo - Jeff
swistun - Luke in downtown Chicago
Tickle - Phil in the O'hare area
Tpup - Roy
twaszak1 - T.J.
uclacyc - Charlie in Lakeview
ZQQM - Bill in Darien, Il.

Wisconsin
ahnoff - Joe in Milwaukee
dasmoofler - John in Twin Lakes
dwkoski - Dave in Minocqua
GR82DRV - Todd in central Wisconsin
JWA - Josh in Racine
Me! - Robert in central Wisconsin
tesprit - Dan in Racine
Thomasio - International man of mystery

Minnesota
Mr_Baker - Jeff in the Twin Cities

Idaho
slaughtr - Ronnie in Boise

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have already held one drive from my place directly north through uncongested farm land to Lake Geneva and plan to organize another drive sometime in September. However, I am willing to do so sooner with anyone who is interested. This weekend perhaps?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
crickets... ...crickets... ...crickets... ...crickets...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just signed up for the FVMC track day on Monday. Anybody else going to be there?

You can add me to the list. I'm Rob in Chicago (Wicker Park)

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not signed up, but I'm going to try to swing by just to say howdy to folks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have already held one drive from my place directly north through uncongested farm land to Lake Geneva and plan to organize another drive sometime in September. However, I am willing to do so sooner with anyone who is interested. This weekend perhaps?
I'll be in the neighborhood (Huntley/Union/Coral) on Saturday..but can't break away --I'm setting up a TSD Rally (for PCA) and will be testing Route Instructs from about 10 to 4pm. And a quick glance at the calendar tells me the weekend after that, I'm driving the El to Keystone, CO for a week---I'm a LOCK to be the only Lotus at Porsche Parade...return right after the 4th, but then driving to Wash, DC the following wkend. I need to look into this Cloning thing a bit more.

john m.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
my weekends are very full but if I can make it I will!

El in Lake County, IL.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
I'm one of the people who originally asked, though I'll probably have the toughest time getting out there with you guys. I start a general surgery residency at UIC in one week, and when I'm not playing with intestines, I'll be trying to make sure that my beautiful wife and my 2-year old son don't forget that I actually exist...

Luke Swistun
Downtown Chicago, and sometimes Buffalo Grove (parents house).

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm one of the people who originally asked, though I'll probably have the toughest time getting out there with you guys. I start a general surgery residency at UIC in one week, and when I'm not playing with intestines, I'll be trying to make sure that my beautiful wife and my 2-year old son don't forget that I actually exist...

Luke Swistun
Wow, sounds like fun. My friend's wife is in residency and he sees her about as often as Haley's Comet. Still perhaps we could get a group together for CIR in Buffalo Grove.

Jim Koller
Naperville

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm always up for a drive -- and now that the kids' soccer and baseball seasons are winding down, I might actually have the time to do it!

Steve in Elmhurst

·
Registered
979 Posts

Luke Swistun
Wow, small world. I'm just finishing my intern year in general surgery at St. Joseph in Lincoln Park. These surgery people are gonna wonder where all these elises are coming from.

Btw, Todd, add me to the list...Ramsen in downtown.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Rob, I will also be at autobahn monday. I will look you up.
Todd, you can add me to the list, Rich in Aurora. Maybe see you monday also.
05 silver elise

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
Wow, small world. I'm just finishing my intern year in general surgery at St. Joseph in Lincoln Park. These surgery people are gonna wonder where all these elises are coming from.

Btw, Todd, add me to the list...Ramsen in downtown.
You must be a rockstar surgeon, St Joseph did not even want to interview me! :) Keep an eye out for me - GG with Magnolia interior, to my knowledge still the only one in that combination in the continental United States.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
... However, I am willing to do so sooner with anyone who is interested. This weekend perhaps?
This weekend is perhaps the only time I can definitely committ to, as I start surgerizing the Wednesday after - at that point they own my ass. Just ask Ramsen :).

Anyone for Saturday morning? I'd love to meet as many of you as I can, even if only for a brief breakfast. Name the time and place.

Disclaimer: I do prefer drives to breakfasts - I own a Lotus, not a Ferrari :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
You can add me to the list. I'm Rob in Chicago (Wicker Park)
You can add me to the list. I'm also rob in Chicago (we'll say Ukrainian Village as it's a little more specific, but also wicker park) with a graphite gray elise. And I was here first, dammit! hehe

I wish I could make the FVMC track day but I'll be recovering from phish at alpine valley. I plan on motoring around Lake Geneva Monday - any suggested roads?

I did the MVP trackday event at autobahn a few weekends ago and it was a blast. I'll do a smattering of autocrosses with the windy city miata club - the next one I'll try to make it to is 7/5 in Melrose Park. WCMC AutoX

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
perhaps we could get a group together for CIR in Buffalo Grove.
This weekend is perhaps the only time I can definitely committ to...Anyone for Saturday morning?...even if only for a brief breakfast.
Since you are about to become largely unavailable, let's see if we can work with your schedule. Any drive is likely to take more than just a morning. CIR (Indoor karting) would be a blast. But, can this be done Saturday morning? Otherwise, anyone else up for breakfast Saturday morning?

I plan on motoring around Lake Geneva Monday - any suggested roads?
You don't want to miss Snake Road. It's runs along the north side of the lake just west of Geneva and is marked as a "Rustic Road". Enjoy!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Since you are about to become largely unavailable, let's see if we can work with your schedule. Any drive is likely to take more than just a morning. CIR (Indoor karting) would be a blast. But, can this be done Saturday morning? Otherwise, anyone else up for breakfast Saturday morning?
I'm gonna be coming off call on saturday morning so depending on when/where you do it, I'll try to make it.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Lake Geneva

Don't forget Back Road. It's also a Rustic road located north of 50 about 1-2 miles east of route 12. Snake Road is much better than last year, but could still use a resurfacing.

1 - 20 of 1855 Posts