The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
Looking for a reputable repair shop for my 1988 Lotus esprit commemorative edition around chicago area
Seems like most places closed down or moved to diffrent states.
Thanks in advance
Shops willing to work on the Esprit are very few and far between. Hopefully someone from the Esprit section will have suggestions.
You can start with these. The best search tool is G search and end it with lotustalk and you'll find threads here based on your search question. Lotus Mechanic in Chicago

Reactions: Warriors9109

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,757 Posts
WELCOME to LT and the USA Esprit community. :love: Post some pics of your car, we all LOVE blue Alacantra...

While the Bosch FI specifications were special for the Esprit application, a repair shop that is familiar with Bosch K-Jetronic from the '80s (think Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, even DeLorean) could effectively diagnose any issues you may have.

The usual advice for questions like yours is to join Lotus, Ltd, and ask around to members of the local chapter.

Reactions: Warriors9109

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was recommended the following list from a helpful member/Esprit owner:
  • Bart Tchorzewski, BTR Chicago, Northbrook
  • Dave Schaid, Imports Unlimited, Highland Park
  • Sol Snyderman, Perfect Power, Buffalo Grove
I've not used any of them yet, though.

Or you can give it to me. I don't guarantee a timely repair, though, because I don't actually guarantee repairs.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It might depend on what kind of work your car needs. Engine? Brakes? Suspension?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It might depend on what kind of work your car needs. Engine? Brakes? Suspension?
Currently at 21K miles but will need a laundry list of work done. Most of the stuff needs to be replaced due to age.
-Cam tower leaking
-Timing belt
-Water pump
-Serpentine belt
-Fuel delivery issue-has been sitting in the garage for 6 or so years
Would like to get my Lotus fixed professionally.

·
Premium Member
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,657 Posts
I know Lotus of Glenview has worked on my buddy's Esprit.....

Reactions: goelise

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,540 Posts
I have to mention Nuccio Auto Group in Addison, because I know they've had a few Esprits through their showroom and often have examples from other exotic marquees. But I should also mention here that I had them do some work on my Elise a few years ago, including toe-links, new tires, an alignment and some other work, and the day after I got the car back, I noticed they had badly marred two of my previously perfect wheels. I suspect this happened when they loaded my wheels into another vehicle to drive them to the tire / alignment shop

When I reached out, Bill Jr. refused to take responsibility, and eventually offered to split the costs of refinishing the wheels, despite me providing before and after photos.

I wouldn't go back based on this experience, but it could have been a fluke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts