The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the idea of 'prescheduling' (with of course the impromptu ones thrown in) seemed to be a winner.

As such, let's get these things schedule so people can plan accordingly.

My goal is for one a month. Since we only have a few months of driving season, that gives us June, July, Aug, Sept and of course, a fall weather one in October.

Let's start with June and July.

June 23 - this one is easy. LotusCorp already has a two day drive scheduled for 6/23 and 24. They will release the details, but it starts in Rockford and goes West. I'm assuming the route will be to Galena - there are some AWESOME hilly roads and twisties there. Comparable to the WI stuff. Let's let those guys do the heavy lifting and we just show up! I'm fo sho for that one, just for Saturday. The overnight thing is too hard. Anyone else?

July 14 - this seemed to be the date people liked. Plan would be same start place - New Glarus. We won't go as far North (Evertron), but focus more on West of New Glarus up near Dodgeville. There are some killer roads (especially Co Hwy M/Q) that we didn't get to do because of the Sunday storms.
The plan would be meet up around 9-10, drive, nice lunch, drive a bunch more and wrap around 4. A full day of fun.

Lemme know what you think. My life is a lot easier if I have defined dates blocked off.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the LG one is good, but nowhere near as good as the Galenda and WI routes.

The LG one is good because it's quick and easy.

You ain't driving anytime soon - Dennis is going slow! I stopped by on Thursday.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
I'm interested but would like to see a "casual" dinner/drinks afterward as well. Otherwise it's just too damn much time in the car for me.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep - we can do whatever. I just that a) we gotta agree to that we are gonna have to put a little driving in to GET to the route and b) that we wanted to get specific dates on the calendar so that we can plan accordingly.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Alright... I am tentatively in for both drives. I would be down with more frequent drives too! It's nice to find an excuse to drive!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I'm in for July for sure. Might be in for the June drive too but have to check something.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool.

Just so we know, the 6/23 is actually set up through LotusCorps. Check their site. No official 'sign up' on their site yet, but let's make sure we do it so they are aware of it.

I'll ask at the Blackhawk track day next week.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I would for sure be game for the July 14 drive

possibly the lotuscorp event as well, but i would only be in for 1 day if that was the case

ill have to start planning for both just to be sure haha

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I'm not sure it would qualify as a "spirited drive", but you should put a visit to Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin on your list for a get-together date. It's like a Woodstock for performance driving and racing, and less than three hours from Chicago. In addition, the place is beautiful, and fan-friendly, nestled in rolling wooded hills. Elkhart Lake's Road America, Inc. | 2012 Season Home Page

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Todd, I'll be up there on 7/14 for the Brian Redman weekend. You going to be there?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys - I brain farted. 7/14 is the Brian Redman weekend at Road America.

I'll be there.

Family crap on weekend 7/21.

Anyone up for 7/28?

Again, let's make sure to do the 6/23 Lotus Corps drive.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
7/28's no good for us, we'll be moving. Any chance you could do the next WI run for the late August event?

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Also, if you don't have to be at the track early, there's a nice drive up through the Holy Hill area that you can wind over to Elkhart Lake. Might be a nice little drive on the way to the Redman.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts