The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of Brit pix from Media Preview day at the 2014 Chicago Auto show (-note, no actual dealership presence --these were taken in the 'Supercar' area).

The youtube clip is a quick (60 second) teaser of some....other hot models; I put it together while waiting for (actual) Auto pix to process...but some may appreciate it anyway.

Chicago Auto show 2014 /BEST in SHOW:

Chicago Auto Show 2014 - BEST in show - YouTube

jm

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
We visited the show on the 1st Monday.

I was disappointed that no cars at this show (except the Mitsubishi Evo)had open hoods, and most could not be opened (we tried!). Are we to the point where no one cares to look under the hood?

Did enjoy the Jaguar exhibit... and the Mustang Dyno display!

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
did you hear about the trucks at the show that got most of the interior stolen? probably less to do with consumer interest and more to do with the interests of thieves

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Par for the course. I don't believe it's a disinterest for whats under the hood --I suspect it's more of a security issue. It's gotten to the point where now, even on PRESS days (not yet open to the public) many cars have the 'loose' bit removed --shift knobs radio buttons, etc, and some are outright Locked ---which doesn't say much for the Press.

Hadn't heard the truck interior story...not a surprise --BMW had one of their cars poached right outside the NAIS hall. And IIRC, 2-3 years ago, a couple of dim bulb genius' were busted at CAS for ripping up a bunch of Toyotas --- they claimed they were angry about the American Auto industry losing jobs to overseas.....so they cut up a Camry (made in Kentucky) and a RAV (made in USA) and another one made in USA (and 2 or 3 that happened to be assembled in Japan).

I should have suggested the Ford offroad simulator --no doubt it had long lines, and the MUSTANG pinball machines were big fun.

jm

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Here are some pictures I took at the Chicago Auto Show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts