The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, worst winter evah and we are all depressed. Let's look forward to something.

Let's get the annual Alphabet Soup (New Glarus to the boonies and back) route on the calendar.

I'm thinking:

Sat 5/10 or Sat 5/17.

Yes, snow will be melted and roads ready to go. I demand it!

Chime in.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
I vote for the 10th. If it is on the 17th I'm a maybe.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Just an FYI, if you do want to do an overnight trip the best date will be the 17th... UW-Madison's graduation is on the 10th so I doubt there will be much if any room availability and if there is it will be extra expensive.

With all that said, it looks like either date will end up working for me. ...I think!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
863 Posts
Either date works for me. Where exactly do you plan to launch from? Has that been decided? Sorry, I'm new to drives haha

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Either date is a maybe for me... Keep in mind that last year parts of Wisconsin got several inches of snow on May 2!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Either date works for me. Where exactly do you plan to launch from? Has that been decided? Sorry, I'm new to drives haha
Historically we have started in New Glarus.

The Milwaukee crew will usually caravan there...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm open for either

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, let's go for 5/10. Screw that beeeyotch Mother Nature - it WILL be good wether for us and the roads WILL be good and dry and this cold and snow WILL be gone.

Of course, I type this as we expect another 6" of snow today!

So, 5/10 it is.

Other answers:

- No overnight. Too much to coordinate. I'm happy to if others want to, but might just be easier as the day trip.

- I'll do the route later, but the plan is always to meet up in New Glarus, WI (right around the corner from New Glarus Brewery and a real life actual reindeer farm). We then head through various places (Dodgeville, Spring Green, etc) and wrap up near Mt. Horeb, which allows us to get on the beltline near Madison - which allows us to easily get home.

- Guys - no joke this time, someone else WILL lead. I've lead every non-Todd drive for the last two years (maybe 6 or so?). Someone else's turn. I'll happily load you up with the route - you can play around with it on googlemaps, program it into your phone/garmin, etc. Someone sack up and volunteer!

Cut and past your name on the roster:

1. SwingLo
2. Me!
3. Driftwood
4. Malakaone

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
863 Posts
1. SwingLo
2. Me!
3. Driftwood
4. Malakaone
5. ShadowWulf369

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wife and I might get a hotel that night up there. If I get another car, would I still be allowed Jeff?
Depends on the car. :)

Nah, all good. Hotel would work. Have fun and stay downtown Madison. Leave the kids with the outlaws. Do the drive and then spend a night in Mad-town. Lotsa great restaurants and bars there (and live music). Hilton Monona on the water is a great hotel (get a room with lakeview). Has covered garage parking too.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Depends on the car. :)

Nah, all good. Hotel would work. Have fun and stay downtown Madison. Leave the kids with the outlaws. Do the drive and then spend a night in Mad-town. Lotsa great restaurants and bars there (and live music). Hilton Monona on the water is a great hotel (get a room with lakeview). Has covered garage parking too.
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice on the hotel too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm out, will be at Road America with LAPS on 5/10

1 - 20 of 129 Posts