The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a young single guy just about to buy an Elise, I have to ask a simple question. Do chicks dig the Elise? Anyone like to share an experience? Just thought I'd ask. :D

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
AussieElise said:
Being a young single guy just about to buy an Elise, I have to ask a simple question. Do chicks dig the Elise? Anyone like to share an experience? Just thought I'd ask. :D
Yep. Don't expect to be single for very long once you get your Elise!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
as you will learn, "chicks" dig anything that looks expensive.

i generally drive my SUV to pick anyone up for the first couple times for this exact reason ;)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
they're not looking at the car, they're looking at the potential bank acct they hope is backing it up.
chris

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I never liked the guys who had really nice cars. They were usually arrogant and cocky or full of themselves. I dont have time for that. I'm not a "ride on the back of "his" motorcycle" or " ride around as a passenger in his sports car" kind of girl. I want my own. Im not interested in being a passenger.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you want women to talk to you, you can use any car or truck. Glue a shoe or a coffee cup on the roof and you'll meet lots of nice people.

Get a fancy sports car and gnerally guys care more about it...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My observation having the car for five weeks now, it's a guy magnet! So if your a gay guy your in for some real good times. Most every female that has been looking my car over is with a guy already.
You would do a lot better with a Golden Retriever or other really friendly dog that with an Elise, women always talk to me when I am walking Winston my Golden.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Chicks generally dig the Liz. I had many smiles and waves. I have been followed a few times by chicks. I had a whole cheerleading squad smiling and waving at the car (or was it me?). I've had girls strike up conversations with me out of the blue about the car also. Haven't been flashed yet in the Liz, however I usually don't drive it to clubs and such.
Most times you’ll catch them trying to get a glimpse of who’s inside. They’ll often give you the eye as you're cruising.

I think it's safe to say that if a car can be a chick magnet the Liz easily qualifies.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Derek said:

I think it's safe to say that if a car can be a chick magnet the Liz easily qualifies.
especially in Chrome Orange.

I have had a few girls comment that they like the color or that the car is cute. I'm sure there would be more if i actually drove the car somewhere, but to this point i haven't really parked it anywhere but home. I'm sure it would also be a bigger deal outside of Los Angeles. People here are generally numb to nice cars because there are exotics all over the place.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
AussieElise said:
I'm in the same boat! But a step ahead of you! (on a list)

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I think that motoring about in the Elise could be a good acid test for a new potential. Her reaction and sentiments might tell you a bit about her! If she freaks when she spots the fire extinguisher she's a short timer!

·
Registered
28 Posts
James A said:
My observation having the car for five weeks now, it's a guy magnet! So if your a gay guy your in for some real good times. Most every female that has been looking my car over is with a guy already.
You would do a lot better with a Golden Retriever or other really friendly dog that with an Elise, women always talk to me when I am walking Winston my Golden.
I got flashed last night.. a car full of blokes came up along side me and one of them stuck his butt out the window at me.. Not quite what I was hoping for!

Other than that I find that tourists in London often take pictures of the car as I drive past.. People have asked if they can have their pictures taken standing next to it.

Generally though girlfriends of mine LOVE the car..

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Stan said:
I think that motoring about in the Elise could be a good acid test for a new potential. Her reaction and sentiments might tell you a bit about her! If she freaks when she spots the fire extinguisher she's a short timer!
Stan, that's funny. I guess I'm lucky, my girlfriend is trying to talk me out of my Duck, not to give up riding because she wants it for herself.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
offroadr35 said:
i generally drive my SUV to pick anyone up for the first couple times for this exact reason ;)
I did the opposite - I'd bring my old ('86) MR2 with faded paint, full of squeaks, bad ride, & no stereo... and not tell them I had a nicer car back home. If they were still interested after that point, I knew they weren't after anything other than me.

One girl said that she'd never ride in that car again - she was right! ;)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
BrianK said:
I did the opposite - I'd bring my old ('86) MR2 with faded paint, full of squeaks, bad ride, & no stereo... and not tell them I had a nicer car back home. If they were still interested after that point, I knew they weren't after anything other than me.

One girl said that she'd never ride in that car again - she was right! ;)
how is that the opposite? That's exactly what i'm talking about. I just don't happen to have a POS, but the SUV is most definitely less flashy than the Lotus.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts