The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I am interested in checking this out. I will still be working 2-10 for the next 3 weeks but after that its 6-2 and I would be able to make it. Let me know when you want to go.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'd ride out from MD for the drive, and to meet more folks....

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm always up for a drive... It would be nice to find a centrally located spot to have a weekly or monthly GTG... Sterling is OK for the VA people but really tough to get to for those closer to the Baltimore area or even Carroll & Howard Counties... We have to put our heads together and come up with a spot...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Bull sounds good I am interested unfortunately I am coming from the west Winchester VA, a good distance from Baltimore, I do work by Sterling so that is not too bad for me. Looking for a central point might be really hard sense everyone in this area is really kind of spread out and there are a lot of traffic concerns, but lets hear what you have in mind I am game to meet where ever.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Bull sounds good I am interested unfortunately I am coming from the west Winchester VA, a good distance from Baltimore, I do work by Sterling so that is not too bad for me. Looking for a central point might be really hard sense everyone in this area is really kind of spread out and there are a lot of traffic concerns, but lets hear what you have in mind I am game to meet where ever.

Just remember the Church of the Holy Donut every Sunday morning, 8 am to about 10 or 1:30, in Burtonsville, MD.

A few miles north of the DC Beltway at Rt. 29 and 198, about 12 miles south of Columbia, MD.

Several folks drive up from Va, including a guy with 3 mid-60's Ferraris that he, a son and a friend drive up once in awhile.

All kinds of cars, from Hot Rods to Lambos, Ferraris, restored military vehicles, the usual explosion of Vettes and Mustangs, restored US cars, etc.

Oh, no tuner cars. Not that they are not welcome, this is not a formal show or get together, all are welcome. They just don't come, for some reason.

This will be the last summer for this activity in its current location, so if you've never done it, get up early and get there at least once.

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
We need to get this kind of a meet going on somewhere in Leesburg. There are more than enough of us in the area and I only want to see Sterling in my rear view mirror on Friday afternoons. I bet we could even do better than a Chik Fil-A. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just remember the Church of the Holy Donut every Sunday morning, 8 am to about 10 or 1:30, in Burtonsville, MD.
I did the Church of the Holy Donut thing a couple of times... It was OK but didn't really excite me too much... My neighbor brought his hotrod and people were all over it... That's mainly the kind of crowd that's there...

I really feel we could do something nice once a month that wouldn't put a crunch on everyone's time like a weekly event does... If we find the right spot; easy access, good food, safe parking and easy to exit with very few lights (1 or 2 at the most)... We could do a Meet, Drive & Dine once a month... I put together huge tour events for the PCA on a regular basis... Gina and I have put on the Spring & Fall Euro Events for 3 years now and they keep growing...

I know some of the local forums try weekly GTG but they fizzle quickly...

Would a monthly event interest everyone with a huge Spring & Fall event to start and end the season? We could even move the monthly event around to different venues to satisfy everyone... Believe me, I have enough tour routes to keep us going a very long time in MD & VA... I'm sure we could get many of the exotics interested except the Lambos... They need a guarantee of no rain for 30 days prior to and after the event date :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
We need to get this kind of a meet going on somewhere in Leesburg. There are more than enough of us in the area and I only want to see Sterling in my rear view mirror on Friday afternoons. I bet we could even do better than a Chik Fil-A. :rolleyes:
The Chick-Fil-A is a gathering spot for all kinds of cars, not just Lotus. Everything from riced out Civics to 60 muscle cars. You can see some interesting cars there.

They have (or used to have) a similar gathering at the Burger King in Manassas new the air port. That one is a lot more low keyed, and has some great old style hot rods (and less rice). But I haven't been there for a few years so I don't know if it still goes on (but it probably does).

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'm sure we could get many of the exotics interested except the Lambos... They need a guarantee of no rain for 30 days prior to and after the event date :rolleyes:
Hey, hey. I resemble that statement. I don't have a problem with driving my car in the rain; I just don't find it particularly enjoyable and would rather wait for a dry day.

Regardless, I would be interested in participating. The route that I had mapped out for the one that did not go last month is great.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did the Church of the Holy Donut thing a couple of times... It was OK but didn't really excite me too much... My neighbor brought his hotrod and people were all over it... That's mainly the kind of crowd that's there...

I really feel we could do something nice once a month that wouldn't put a crunch on everyone's time like a weekly event does... If we find the right spot; easy access, good food, safe parking and easy to exit with very few lights (1 or 2 at the most)... We could do a Meet, Drive & Dine once a month... I put together huge tour events for the PCA on a regular basis... Gina and I have put on the Spring & Fall Euro Events for 3 years now and they keep growing...

Would a monthly event interest everyone with a huge Spring & Fall event to start and end the season? We could even move the monthly event around to different venues to satisfy everyone... Believe me, I have enough tour routes to keep us going a very long time in MD & VA... I'm sure we could get many of the exotics interested except the Lambos... They need a guarantee of no rain for 30 days prior to and after the event date :rolleyes:
Bull: I would participate and would double check the meeting location...rotfl

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I'll be in Chantilly for 4 glorious days..... I'm going to try & make the Chick fil a cruise tomorrow nite... ( sans Lotus of course ) seeya there !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just bought my elise :nanner:, Unfortunately, I broke it. :wallbang:previous owner didn’t have the shifter recall taken care of and I snapped it the other day. But, I’m in for next month.

·
Registered
476 Posts

I'd be down for this bull.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Well, I was there !!......... and 2 Elises. Kind of a small cruise compared to the ones in Detroit area.... it's a shame you guys have to worry about all your mods with the LE in Virginia. :mad:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Any one going tonight? How about next week?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts