The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awsome track day yesterday. Got my solo check ride out of the way and had a blast. Car was set up great, Nick at N-Tech racing did my corner balancing and alignment, he also got me some Cobalt racing pads. The Cobalt's were unbelievable, my confidence in braking went up ten fold. I was using Pagid blues which I was not happy with, going with a true racing pad makes a huge difference in braking.
The high light of the day was the last open track session, I was able to get out there with some higher skilled drivers and I thought I did pretty good for only having 4 track days. I got to run with another chrome orange Elise and I stayed with him until he felt sorry for me and let me by. I am sure the only reason I was hanging with him is because I was on Hoosiers and I think he was running 888's.
If anyone is interested in having any work done on their car Nick is very knowledgable. His website is ntechracing.com
If anyone is second guessing tracking their car don't, after your first day is behind you, you can't wait to get back out there. Even if your car is bone stock you will have a blast!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I believe you did so well because your first instructor taught you right from the get go. Now go get a lap timer. You will see your lap times improve some more.

My best time was a 2:36.29. Good luck.

Remember: Drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I believe you did so well because your first instructor taught you right from the get go. Now go get a lap timer. You will see your lap times improve some more.

Better yet, get a data logger.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I did forget to mention my first instructor was a pretty good teacher. I have not seen the SobeLotus at Sebring are you tracking at Homestead.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I took a break from the track to pay off the expensive 2008 season bills. Plus I also met and surpassed my expectations on the track without smashing up the Sobelotus.

I still need to try out the new Palm Beach track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts