1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choi0706 visited Korea from Texas.
Thank you for visiting Korea.
Probably he is in Japan.

Anyone who willing to visit Korea, please call me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
awesome! Nice to know there's a strong showing of Lotus in Korea.
ahn young ha shim ni kah!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
KP!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...cool!..

...i didn't see a single sportscar when i visited vietnam last month; the roads are so clogged with motorbikes that there wouldn't be much point...surprisingly, there is a single porsche dealership in new saigon, but i'm pretty sure they're only sold as image cars since traffic seldoms moves any faster than about thirty-five miles per hour at best...

...what are the roads like in korea?..i presume everything's much more navigable up there...

·
Registered
111 Posts
환영합니다! :wave: 제 이름은 Rob 입니다. California 주 Monterey에 삽니다. 지닌해에 Lotus Elise 샀습니다. 이 website 도음이 많이 됐습니다. :D

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
...cool!..

...i didn't see a single sportscar when i visited vietnam last month; the roads are so clogged with motorbikes that there wouldn't be much point...surprisingly, there is a single porsche dealership in new saigon, but i'm pretty sure they're only sold as image cars since traffic seldoms moves any faster than about thirty-five miles per hour at best...

...what are the roads like in korea?..i presume everything's much more navigable up there...
its insane.. the roads are usually nice, but driving in korea is pretty insane.. :)

lots of honking, redlight running, etc..

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
...cool!..

Uh.... comparing Korea to Vietnam is like comparing the US to Mexico... pretty big difference. You'll see a ton of exotics in Korea, especially in the Gangnam area...

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Uh.... comparing Korea to Vietnam is like comparing the US to Mexico... pretty big difference. You'll see a ton of exotics in Korea, especially in the Gangnam area...
only in seoul.. :) Most of my stay was in Pusan, there isn't very many foreign cars there.. I'd certainly live in seoul if I lived in Korea.. :wave:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
only in seoul.. :) Most of my stay was in Pusan, there isn't very many foreign cars there.. I'd certainly live in seoul if I lived in Korea.. :wave:
There are parts of Pusan with a ton of exotics, as well. This guy on YouTube has a bunch of exotics in Pusan area -- YouTube - Michaelsmani's Channel

YouTube - Amazing Supercar Garage!

If you go to the Gangnam area in Seoul, it's pretty crazy.

Here's a video from BaboDream, a Korea exotic car club.

YouTube - [KOREA]2008.10.18 DAEJEON Guerrilla Tour.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I was searching for Lotus & Korea and came across this post...

Anyounghasaeyo, do you run Motor Life in Seoul? I've heard about it and visited your website (I think it was on Naver?) and wanted to check it out some day... Great collection of cars! I'm a Korean-American living in New York City, but I go to Korea about 2 times per year and I have seen a few Lotuses in Seoul lately...

Anyways, I would to get to know about cars and motorsports in Korea as I always thought people in that country never really cared for cars like these-- only big saloons and "image" cars, haha... ><

Cheers,
-Mike

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I was there this year for the F1 race, will be going back again next year for the race too.. :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Seoul is awesome...can't wait to go back. Was there in September and saw pretty much any kind of supercar you could think of, including the new Veyron, LP670 SV, etc. Hot girls, hot cars, amazing nightlife...what a great city.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I've been to Korea and Seoul a coupe of times and only saw a few exotic cars (or sports cars for that matter), it was just a sea of while, silver and black Sedans, but I can see exotic cars here in LA any time as they are a dime a dozen, so no big deal.

Japan is by FAR more bettah for car spotting.

Did have dinner with the CEO of Hyundai, that is like one step down from the president of the country right? :shrug: :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I, too, had a chance to visit "Motor Life" this past September as a spur-of-the-moment thing while looking for some decent roads to bomb around in a Carrera 4S.
It's a gem of a place. It clearly reflects his love of fine automobiles and passion for Lotus cars.

As for life in Seoul, it's like living in any developed mega-city. You'll see various exotics in affluent areas, bland people movers in boring areas, and crap cars in... well.. crappy area. :shrug:

--
oh, and I found a thread regarding this very place
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/motor-life-lotus-cafe-korea-71065/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts