The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the front page of Wheels & Waves section today:

"LOTUS BACK IN THE U.S. AS FIRST ELISE IS DELIVERED

Lotus cars CEO John English hands keys to Chris Smith this week at the company headquarters in Duluth, Ga, making the first delivery in the US of the much anticipated Elise, what some call the world's purest sports car. Already the best-selling Lotus ever in the European market and the recipient of dozens of industry awards, the Elise is the first new Lotus available in the US in 15 years. With a chassis made of aluminum and weighing a mere 150 pounds, the Elise's total weight is under a ton. Its 1.8 liter four-cylinder engine propels this lightweight machine from 0-60 in under five seconds. It is base-priced at $39,985."

There's a nice pic of J.E. handing Chris the keys outside LCU. The red looks a little bright in the Sun. Glad I didn't get it. Definitely not Rosso Corsa. I'll see if I can get the pic scanned for you. Chris, I got an extra copy if you want me to hold it for ya.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Did read a statement made by a body-restore expert who said that it
is impossible to expect paint applied to a composite surface to equal that of a metal-based car. 'Waves' are easily noticed and more so in dark pigment than lighter ones.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
not nearly so noticeable as the ones off the sand at south beach

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Transio, thanks for the post, cool!

BTW> It really is very close to Rosso Corsa, trust me, I looked at a 355 just before seeing this car. Bright sunlight doesn't accurately reflect the color.

Chris

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Did read a statement made by a body-restore expert who said that it is impossible to expect paint applied to a composite surface to equal that of a metal-based car.
It all depends on the skill of the guy doing the work. The guy that did the work on my Elan did a perfect job. Smooth as glass.

Tim Mullen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts