1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Absolutely :drool:

·
Registered Insane
290 Posts
Very nice. I just purchased my 2004 FE two days ago, but it doesn't havs the celebrity owner history.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same car in yellow... Custom Fin and 3 pcs OZ wheels... What you give for it?

Looks HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Congrats on the car you will love it!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is it an actual Sport 350? Great story. Congratulations. Love the colour.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,095 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the wing but I love the color. Congrats!!!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself. rotfl

Looks like a REALLY nice Esprit...I too was wondering if it was actually a Sport 350. :up:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats on your new Esprit....it's beautiful!! Is the valve cover blue...that would be one indicator of the Sport 350. Either way you will absolutely enjoy it!!

Dom

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
so what is the difference from the sport 350 and your regular V8 other than the wing and valve cover? Is there a weight difference? Suspension difference? Etc...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
This is what the Esprit Fact File had to say about the differences in the Sport 350:

The Lotus Esprit Fact File - Model Information

As for the blue engine treatment, that was actually a fairly common/popular upgrade that some California (non-Sport 350) owners had done when it was offered by Claudius.

BTW, I had no idea of its celebrity provenance...nice car!!!

Roy

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
USA Sport 350's are mostly the same as the normal V8's except they got the front AP Racing calipers first. They did not get the thinner body. They did get thicker tubing in the engine bay area of the chassis. And they did get the magnesium OZ Cronomagnesio wheels.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't think it's the Sport 350….It has the Red Engine….not crazy about the spoiler, but my son loves it since I bought it for him. I personally bought one new in 1990 Esprit SE with 68K original miles now. Here are pics with good friends, Mike and Gonz.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Loooks like that dim sum place in Irvine? Great shots.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
We went there so many times that if u aren't in the pics it's because u r not there. Gonz, Mikey, Mark and I will get together for Cars n Coffee and then dim sum and post it so u guys can go!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts