The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some searching today on CO and had to laugh at all the speculation going back a year ago on what it looks like in person. I have to say that Im happy to have a Chrome Orange car. The pearlescent yellow/orange color is fab IMHO!.

So I have to ask, who here is in the COM other than myself and Tim Mullin?

I also noticed a few people saying they could never drive a CO car! Shame on you! :no: :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
I was doing some searching today on CO and had to laugh at all the speculation going back a year ago on what it looks like in person. I have to say that Im happy to have a Chrome Orange car. The pearlescent yellow/orange color is fab IMHO!.

So I have to ask, who here is in the COM other than myself and Tim Mullin?

I also noticed a few people saying they could never drive a CO car! Shame on you! :no: :D
I'll be getting CO.

Does driving CO automatically put you in the COMafia ?

You should get the plate 'DOTCOM' :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm going to be an associate member, since apparently Saffron Yellow has tinges of orange in it (although I didn't see this when I looked at Silver Star's demo - looks pretty yellow to me).

My wife liked chrome orange, but vetoed it, claiming that we might get tired of that color in time. Plus we spent the money we saved by getting SY on the hard top, which she thought looked cool.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cerven said:
NOPE CO screams "no pe***"
Well in my case I think thats probably a good thing... :huh: I never got that whole " car color corresponds to pen** size" thing anyway. I always thought guys with small winky's drove BMW's. :p

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
cerven said:
NOPE - my Ardent screams "small pe***" but CO screams "no pe***"
I tend to disagree...

In my case, CO simply screams "HANG UP YOUR CELL PHONE AND DON'T HIT ME!!!" -eek- -eek-

Besides, my wife's favorite color is orange, and the Orange Elan in my garage was getting lonely...:p

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
OFM, that means you

wait...don't say it. dooooooooooooooon't........

whew, that almost flew off my keyboard :no:

·
Registered
963 Posts
CO on order, suppose to start getting built in the next 2-3 weeks.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
right here, baby! Just call me Luciano, Luci for short. LOL! If you're looking for an enforcer...:p

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
I always thought guys with small winky's drove BMW's. :p
Not exactly, as some of their cars are good for their designed usage. I always thought the same was true with owners of lifted behemoth trucks, in pristine condition, that showed no signs of offroading.

·
Registered
758 Posts
cerven said:
NOPE - my Ardent screams "small pe***" but CO screams "no pe***"
What does Kryton Green scream then ?

$40K is a lot of money to spend for something you don't really want. As for other other people opinions of what I want; over 60% of 'cars' bought today are SUV's, Minivans, and trucks .. nuff said :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
jml1952 said:
claiming that we might get tired of that color in time.
That would be my concern. I'll probably enjoy looking at other CO Elises, but I don't really want it for myself. Seems like one of these things that might be cool for a while, but after 2-3 years I would regret getting it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Gromit said:
What does Krypton Green scream then ?
Hmmm... That was my second choice of color... What does that say about me?:huh:

By the way, my wife said no way to the Krypton Green...:no:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess I just dont see how CO is that far removed from Yellow or other bright colors? I looked at it as a bright color that wasnt as common as other bright colors, therefore I liked it.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts