The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
#26 at the dealer for CO/hardtop/touring

The only color I have considered:)

I assumed the "lifestyle" color options would change regularly, if not year to year. Most the other standard colors would be available each model year.

Is this true? If so, even if CO appears to be fairly popular for the 2005 Elise, over the long haul it would remain an exclusive color. Any thoughts?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
JWA said:
Maybe it's an age thing - you guys aren't too old for bright things are you? Dont' you remember the wonderful "Safety colors" Porsche offered in the '70s? :D
Exactly. The old 911s in orange hooked me....

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Re: Re: ON CNN

OneFastMiata said:
If everyone were this boring/conservative/ afraid, what a colorless dull world it would be!
Next time you're driving around, look at the colors of the cars on the road. With the exception of most New Beetles, they are mostly dull boring colors that you could view on a B/W TV with no difference!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
jml1952 said:
Ironic, but I consider Lava Orange to be a much more desirable color than Chrome Orange.

I stopped visiting that site because the posters there like to point out how superior they feel to Elisetalkers (although I know that some of you post there too).
I don't remember anyone on there claiming to feel superior.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I don't remember anyone on there claiming to feel superior.
Not in those words, but I can the perception. Dicked Up refers to Elisetalkers as the hoopleheads and other terms of endearment. As I posted earlier, I don't perceive it as that negative. I think he likes us. :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Resale value?!! I wonder if you can put a price on the enjoyment of looking at your own car in the best color available. OK, stick to your grey and black cars. I have specifically not purchased cars BECAUSE they were grey(silver, whatever) or black. I'm just glad I don't have the same tastes as the masses.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Count me in for Chrome Orange! For the record, my color preferences for the Elise are: 1. CO 2. Saffron Yellow 3. Krypton Green.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Consider my tastes a bit odd. For me it goes:
1 - Chrome Orange (loud an obnoxious)
2 - Graphite Gray (understated and classy)
3 - Krypton Green (really loud and obnoxious)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got the call from My dealer The Collection to place my order for the Elise. I was #26 I do not know if I have moved up on there list or not from my initial deposit date. They are stating I shpuld receive it by November-December. I would like to know if that sounds accurate to you guys.

Now the reason I posted on this thread. Had initially put in my deposit for Saffron,Touring Pack, Black Interior, Hard Top. After seeing the Saffron car it had a orange hue to it. I have been convinced to just go for the Chrome Orange that color looks great in every pic I have seen.

So I do not know if this means I am in the CO Mafia Now that my order is official, but that color kicks a$$

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I havent had time to read any of these posts, just got back from Deals Gap moments ago..checking my email and doing some quick surfing.

All I can say is that CHROME ORANGE ROCKS LIKE NO OTHER. I had some reservations about the color but after seeing it in the sunshine, with the gold undertones and flame orange patina....its truly beautiful and anyone who disparages CO is SADLY mistaken!

CHROME ORANGE RULES!

more on my trip later...and pics.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,686 Posts
CO debate....

If you havent PHISICALLY seen CO you havent seen it !! Tim Mullen was gracious enough to let me look at his and it's nothing short of amazing. Even the best photos on this forum dont do it justice.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Told you guys! When I saw the Barber launch cars I was convinced the CO was THE best color for this car, although I think the car looks fantastic in just about every color out there.
Chris

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,686 Posts
KANT SPEL TONNITE

Or..... ( Physically )

61 - 79 of 79 Posts