The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving by Prestige Imports and they had a Chrome Orange on there outside showroom nest to a Saffron Yellow and a Starlight Black.

The Chrome Orange is not as rich as I thought but it is still a gorgeous color. I am glad I got to see it next to Saffron, Now I will not second guess my decision to get a CO. The black looked great with the biscuit interior also. Walked to the back and they had a Krypton Green with black interior. I must say that Krypton is not as bad as I thought it would look. It will definitely draw attention to you that's for sure. They are selling the CO,SY,SB over MSRP from what they have told me before it should be somewhere near 60K.

I will definetly be hesitent from buying anything from them from what people have said on this board about them, but today it was definetly confirmed. There was a guy in there that had just bought a brand new Murciealgo and it had broken down on him. he said they charged him 12K for the repairs and he drove it 9 miles and it broke down again and they wouldn't repair it without charging him. This guy was royally pissed after spending 250K on a car and they treat him like dirt.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
tomasp77 said:
There was a guy in there that had just bought a brand new Murciealgo and it had broken down on him. he said they charged him 12K for the repairs and he drove it 9 miles and it broke down again and they wouldn't repair it without charging him. This guy was royally pissed after spending 250K on a car and they treat him like dirt.
they probably didn't really fix it knowing full well they would charge him again. Doesn't the car have a warranty? That's BS.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
Ok, just stopped by Prestige again. Decided to go in and talk to them, and get the scoop on the Elise in general (and ask if they have a Viper SRT-10 in stock).

Well.... apparently, two of the cars up front are on consignment from customers who've taken delivery and want to resell for profit, and the third is a demo car. The CO is 48,500 sticker, and the customer apparently wants to make 10k over that, so there you get your 60k!

Steve

PS - They have been reading the negative feedback on EliseTalk, and don't understand where it's coming from. I suggested to the Internet Sales Mgr. that he sign up here and clear up any issues. I also mentioned that my experience with them in particular was pretty awful, and if others are having similar experiences, they can expect to get negative feedback!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
transio said:
The CO is 48,500 sticker, and the customer apparently wants to make 10k over that, so there you get your 60k!
Wow! $60K. Usually, on a consignment, the dealers want to make at least 10% profit, so it's probably a $5,000 split with $1,500 negotiating room.

But I wonder if anyone's paying $10K over MSRP to get one now. I could see it in July-August, but not in November.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Transio, it was your story that turned me away from prestige. I was working with Jim Lazarri when I signed up on Elisetalk just to make sure my decision was correct. After reading your experience coupled with another I am now a Dimmitt customer :) Randy at Dimmitt has treated me great and I cant say enough about them so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel that the issues regarding the upset service customer need to be addressed. The vehicle in question was a used 2002 model that was sold over six months ago and developed an oil leak sometime after delivery. The defect was fixed under the terms of the vehicle warranty and did not actually cost the customer any money other than his deductable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts