The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Any help to get the best source to match color?
Thank you
I use Tower Paint. You can Google them. They are quick and accurate. If you spray it, Chrome Orange is a three part process. Tower can mix it in two rattle cans (two part process) and it comes out very accurate. My Chrome Orange car just got totaled and my new car is blue. I have two rattle cans and a touch up bottle of Chrome Orange that I'll send you for the price of the shipping if you PM me your address.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much

PM sent

This great feedback is the most wonderful experience about having a Lotus

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
be sure to do a test befor eyou apply. There are very distinct changes by model year to the actual makeup of chrome orange, even tough all are labelled B25 CHROME ORANGE. Park an 05 next to an 06 next to a 10 evora and you'll see what I mean in the sun.

PPG lists 4 different mixes in their system as stock, depending on the year according to the body shop I just used.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
be sure to do a test befor eyou apply. There are very distinct changes by model year to the actual makeup of chrome orange, even tough all are labelled B25 CHROME ORANGE. Park an 05 next to an 06 next to a 10 evora and you'll see what I mean in the sun.

PPG lists 4 different mixes in their system as stock, depending on the year according to the body shop I just used.

I've heard about similar problems for Solar Yellow. The wrong formula in the system or it was for a different year. These are two of the hardest colors to match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts