The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must be official. According to Lotus Admin, chrome orange will be available for an upcharge. And you thought the official forum was useless.

By the way, he did not cite a price. I believe previous info indicated $500 for this option.

Now, if Arnie can swing it and they offer me Ice Blue for that price, I will be sooo happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
No question that the color has grown on me on the photos...however, I don't think I could bring myself to order it without actually seeing it. How nightmarish would it be to see it first time when I pick up my car and hate it. Ergo, I'm hoping that there might be one in the orders ahead of me for me to see before I make up my mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,315 Posts
Well if you are out this way let me know. I'll post pictures when mine arrives, hopefully it should be one of the first.

#1 waiter at Steve Harris Imports (Utah)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, Lotus Admins says that CO looks really good on the Elise. What's the matter, don't you trust him??

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
jml1952 said:
Hey, Lotus Admins says that CO looks really good on the Elise. What's the matter, don't you trust him??

;)
Aah, gee, I shore like to sah, but jus' caint bring meself to do it, 'fraid my clan would disown me.

Adamant, unless I see one around here I might take you up on that either in the Twin cities or if/when you come to SCCA nationals here in T-town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Due to recent intelligence reports that the COM's head enforcer is "Out of the country for the holidays" I'm able to share my opinion with you guys. If you don't love the fact that CO is available and are the least bit uncertain, I would not get it. As I have stated before we have an Esprit at the dealer now and the color is not very impressive, it is more of a creamy orange with gold mica fleck in it. I do not think it will match well with all the black grills on the car or any of the wheel options I've seen either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the risk of being strung up for heresy, I will gingerly suggest that lava orange would be much more exciting than chrome orange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
jml1952 said:
At the risk of being strung up for heresy, I will gingerly suggest that lava orange would be much more exciting than chrome orange.
It's not heresey, I actually do agree with you, however, that not being an option one might make sacrifices. There was a shot of an Elise on a banked track with a Pavorati looking character driving it, it looked really good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,315 Posts
L8BRAKR said:
I do not think it will match well with all the black grills on the car
I agree with you there. That is why I am going to spray all the black parts CO too.
There is a picture here of the tail of an Esprit. That is the best picture defining CO I have seen. The paint reflected in itself (as it will in the grilles) looks really great.
I agree though it is not everyones taste, so please, no one else order it :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Gang,

This is just what I heard from my salesman Mark Starr at Hungtingridge Motors up in CT. Chrome orange, Lime Green and Lazer Blue will all be optional colors at an extra cost. How Much I really don't know.

I am #14 on the long list at my dealer and he has now over 70 orders down. He told me that he would be calling customers for their colors and options after the LA Auto show where he is planning on attending as most dealers will.

Again this is what I heard from him since he is the big boss at Huntingridge Motors.

I cannot wait for this car to arrive!!!!

Mitch Herman
#14 on list at Huntingridge Motors in CT
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,083 Posts
Wow. Lime Green? Wow.

(note, if you have really been waiting for lime green, please do not be offended)

Lime green?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Gang,

This is just what I heard from my salesman Mark Starr at Hungtingridge Motors up in CT. Chrome orange, Lime Green and Lazer Blue will all be optional colors at an extra cost. How Much I really don't know.

I am #14 on the long list at my dealer and he has now over 70 orders down.
Mitch Herman
#14 on list at Huntingridge Motors in CT
Thanks for the update - must have just missed you at Huntingridge as I am # 13 there.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Wow. Lime Green? Wow.

(note, if you have really been waiting for lime green, please do not be offended)

Lime green?
Could'nt have said it better Randy. We can select Lime MF'ing green, but Gunmetal is a no show. WTF? They can't be serious, can they?:mad:
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top