The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I don't smoke but I need one for my radar detector. I know that many of you will tie in to the fuse box but I need the convenience of just popping it in to the lighter....does it have one?:confused:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Actually, no, it doesn't have a lighter. It does have a standard accesory outlet.

And no, the outlet is not in front of the shifter. It's in between the bottom of the seatbacks.

Before you ask, yes, it is always powered, even without the key.

FYI, you can learn a lot with this:

:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, Dan I did a search but the thread I looked at under cigearette lighter said no, it didn't have one which is corect I guess but it appears it does have a power outlet. The thread was from 2003 and was talking about non fed cars as I understand it....

sorry...we ain't ussly got computers in pennsy..

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Mounting a radar detector on the windsheild and then running the cord to the back is not practical. I wonder, can you mount it to the back glass so it sits behind you?
Dan

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Mounting a radar detector on the windsheild and then running the cord to the back is not practical. I wonder, can you mount it to the back glass so it sits behind you?
Dan
There was a thread from Derek that showed how he did that with a Radio Shack mounting bracket. The only downside was that the stereo was setting off the laser alarm on his V1.

·
Registered
327 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Dan
The car only has one reverse gear, and it's unlikely that you'll be able to exceed the posted speed limit while driving backwards. I think you'd be better off watching for radar while driving forwards.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts