The Lotus Cars Community banner

CILNANTRO!

• I LOVE the taste of Cilantro!

Votes: 55 61.8%
  • Cilantro? I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I CAN't STAND the taste of Cilantro! DISGUSTING!

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Cilantro is a Al Qaida plot to destroy Lotus drivers!

Votes: 3 3.4%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you LOVE Cilantro, no taste at all or do you HATE it?
I had a taste of Cilantro about ten years ago, before that I had no idea what Cilantro was. For me, I couldn't believe how BAD that taste was. One tiny fleck of Cilantor RUINS MY MEAL! Yet other's LOVE the taste. What are your tastes for Cilantro?

Remember, this is in the "other" category in LT, so don't flame the OP.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I love it, though its something than can be overused quite easily if not careful.

·
Registered
66 Posts
love love love. My wife are friends with the head chef at Frontera in Chicago (recently moved over to Bayless' Topo restaurant next door) and if you're cooking Mexican food without it, it just ain't right!

We grow our own at home and I've been busy all summer making fresh tomato and roasted tomatilla salsa.

·
Registered
582 Posts
coriander

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
salt

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Funny, there were only a couple of food items I find revolting. One was Jasmine. The other is Cilantro. A small speck of it made the meal really bad. But many years later, I am getting used to it.

Still hate Jasmine.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Many cilantro-haters say that it has a soapy flavor, which intrigues me because I don't get that at all.

Mmmm...I love jasmine. Randy, do you dislike the scent of night-blooming jasmine (for example), or is it just the taste of jasmine as in jasmine tea ?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I just think food should never taste flowery.

OOps, I meant Saffron. Not Jasmine. SAFFRON IS THE DEVIL SPAWN

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just think food should never taste flowery.

OOps, I meant Saffron. Not Jasmine. SAFFRON IS THE DEVIL SPAWN
Whaaa?!? Saffron is such an essential where I'm from (so are gold foils and silver foils), so is Rose (Jasmine, I dont think so). We've got CRAZY looking food.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Fresh:
Tomatoes
Onions
Jalapenos
Garlic
Cilantro

Grind it all up in the food processor- It's in my frig right now! ...Muy bueno!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'd like to grow Saffron for a living !!! Cilantro ? only use it in my homemade habenaro HOT sauce !

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Whaaa?!? Saffron is such an essential where I'm from (so are gold foils and silver foils), so is Rose (Jasmine, I dont think so). We've got CRAZY looking food.
I really hate rose flavored food, as in deserts from the middle east. Bleck.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I really hate rose flavored food, as in deserts from the middle east. Bleck.
North Indian desserts do the same thing. While, I'm not a big fan of rose but I can totally consume it. Saffron I adore.
You guys know what fenugreek is? That I like too.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Certain foods need it or it’s just not right, so like it a lot. In other foods O-my god it can wreck it, so in those foods, don’t like so much.

Mexican food in general, salsa, some hot sauces, a must have it.

Chocolate ice cream, I would say not so good.

It’s one of those tastes that can rub somebody vary wrong.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i'm glad someone finally brought this up. i'm so sick of the quiznos worker trying to stick it on my baja chicken! Regular lettuce please....everytime! dammit!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
People are often proud when they enjoy a wide variety of flavors. I say that their taste buds aren't fully working. If they only knew how foul their food really tastes...

Sweet, salty, and sour: Good
Bitter: Bad

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
People are often proud when they enjoy a wide variety of flavors. I say that their taste buds aren't fully working. If they only knew how foul their food really tastes...

Sweet, salty, and sour: Good
Bitter: Bad
amen to that!:clap:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts