The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had some work done on my last car the body shop would always detail the car when it was ready for pick up. The tires always looked great so I asked what they did to make them look so good. The guy said that they rub them lightly with pieces of cinder block. Is that really a trick to making the tires look great or was he just messing with me?

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
gotta be yanking you. I wouldn't take my car back to someone putting a cinderblock near my wheels.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well he said broken up little pieces and there was never any damage done to the wheels. Had the car there probably 4-5 times :shrug:

·
Registered
252 Posts
What do you mean by 'really looked great'? Were they shiny or did they just have the natural rubber coloring/reflectivity?

I owned a high end detailing business in SoCal for a number of years and I've never heard of this. I highly suspect he is pulling your chain.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am just going to text him and ask lol The reason I asked on here first is because he has since been let go when the body shop changed hands. Yes they just looked natural, i hate when the tires look all greasy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts