The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know that the group drive on the 28th is coming up soon... But me, Kim, and Darrin are planning to do a short drive through downtown Chicago. It's just going to be an afternoon thing. We aren't going to be flying down the highways or anything, more along the lines of just cruising to see the cool architecture and stopping some place cool for lunch. If more we have more than 5 cars, I'll pick out some meet up spots just in case people get separated. Or you can just wander around the city on your own and then meet us for lunch to hang out for a bit. We are just out to enjoy the weather before winter really hits.

We don't have a date set for this but I can tell you it will be between the 21st and the 28th.

All are welcome. Post here or PM if you are up for it.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm in! Maybe next Sunday 10/21? My car is SUPPOSED to be done next Friday (not feeling positive about that thought - thinking more like Wed 10/24).

What about that first weekend of November - say Sat 11/3? There won't be any snow then. Would be cool to get some good pics of the cars by Soldier Field, etc.

·
Registered
217 Posts
A really cool spot is *under* McCormick Place - exit LSD at 31st street, go north on Fort Dearborn Dr, keep right.

·
Registered
439 Posts
>>>>between the 21st and the 28th.
WeekDAY or Week End ?
jm

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will be offroading with the Jeep club on Sunday the 21st. I can do any week day. It might end up being a night drive, which would be pretty fun. I like cruising downtown at night because all the cool lights. I'd like to hit a few tunnels too.

I'm just gonna throw out a date and see what people say... How 'bout Wednesday the 24th? Let's say we start somewhere between 6 and 8pm. I'm not sure of a central location for any of the participants, but me, kim, and darrin are all fairly close to each other. Maybe we can all meet at a specific place downtown.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would love to join for this. Which day would you be thinking, though? I'll need to make sure I can escape work early and make it downtown in time... weekday traffic from the nw burbs is brutal =( Though if SwingLo comes from work I could meet up with him and at least improve the stop-and-go traffic scenery a bit haha

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
24th would work as I will actually already be downtown!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, the 24th it is!

Let's get a list of people that are for sure attending.

For sure:

Pooter (me)
Swinglo (Jeff)
Cashdx (darrin)
Cashdx(2) (Kim)
Marius (Marius)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Awwww.....was hoping that this was goign to be a weekend day. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem. Like I said, this is just going to be a lazy cruise. Nothing really planned out. We'll figure out a meeting point the day of. Not a big deal. Just post here or pm me if you can attend.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm probably in, as well, weather and work permitting. Hopefully this will involve some meet & greet time? Perhaps food? I can't imagine driving around the city would be much fun without it haha that and every drive organized since I picked up my car has been on a weekend I've been/will be out of town, and I'd really like to meet you all!

And maybe someone can tell me if my exhaust is stock :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I figured we could all get dinner first. Maybe meet up somewhere just off the highway (maybe an oasis?) and then just cruise up 55 or something, go up lakeshore, roll back down michigan, make some zig zags here and there. Maybe drive for an hour or 2, end the night at an ice cream place or something? Idk, I'm just thinking out loud. Let me know what you want to do. I am up for anything.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey there... it's official:panic: I don't use Cash's log in anymore or Dragon
I have my own:shift:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I think I'm still in. Hopefully getting car back today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Definitely in. Just hit me with a time and place. I live on the north side so i won't know the area as well and will have to time it right. Ill PM my cell to someone too, in case I'm running late. But I'm excited.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nydus, PM me your cell. I will send everyone a text on Tuesday with a meet up spot. I think I have everyone else's phone numbers. Us south suburb guys will likely meet up somewhere local and then we'll cruise up toward you north guys. If anyone has any suggestions of routes or landmarks to drive to, PM me with ideas. Also, I'm not against the idea of just meeting up somewhere and then just randomly cruising around Chicago just for fun. Like I said before, this is just a pleasure cruise. No awesome curvy roads or anything... Just taking in the scenery and making people on the sidewalks gawk at a bunch of cool cars together in the city. Also, Kim has to get used to her new car and tires before the cruise next weekend.

Btw, the night will start around 7pm because I know a lot of you guys have to work and Kim doesn't get home til 7. Obviously, you guys can drop out at any time if you need to get home early. I'll probably stay out until 10 or 11...maybe 12 if I still feel like driving. Everyone is welcome to stick with me as long as they want.

·
Registered
297 Posts
PM sent. And I can't wait to meet you all and see the rubber neckers... I get enough looks on my own, this will be hilarious.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts