The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious to see if I will be the only person in my area or even close by cities to have an elise in the driveway....
San Leandro California

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Sean,

There's a very active Lotus club in NorCal - The Golden Gate Lotus Club, www.gglotus.org

The GGLC is working closely to assist Club111 in building a presence for Elise enthusiasts in NorCal. The local Club111 contact is MattG (a moderator here on EliseTalk).

We (Club111 & GGLC) have an event planned for Aug 21 in Cupertino. Check in the Regional area for the Thread.

Given that there are 3 Lotus dealers in NorCal it would not surprise me at all that by the end of 2004 that there 20-30 Elise in the area.

One more thing... speaking of the GGLC if you are purchasing an Elise from BMC-SF, Silicon Valley Auto Group or Smith Lotus, you can ask them a 1 year gift membership (free!) in the GGLC. They have a form that they need to sign and you can complete it and send it in.

Cheers!
Kiyoshi
GGLC webguy

Chris or OneFast - can you move this thread to "Regional - California"?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't know about you Sean, but down here in SoCal, I've already met several people who will be close to me! It's kind-of a built-in Elise club! :p I'm actually really glad that there are people that will be very close by who will own the same car. (It's part of that "support" network!)

Bob

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
We've got 4-5 guys in Sunnyvale alone. There is a healthy does of Elise owners to be in the bay area. A local meet coming up next month, our first.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
TotallyGreen -

I live in Folsom, CA and have an Elise on order with Silicon Valley Auto.

Dave

·
Registered
98 Posts
i'm from caledonia, ill. just north of rockford which is about 80 miles west from chicago.

----------------------------------------------

saffron yellow elise # 46 fvmc
'99 pajero turbo
'96 honda civic

·
Registered
687 Posts
toyopet said:
i'm from caledonia, ill. just north of rockford which is about 80 miles west from chicago.
I had no idea that was in the "California Region" (the name of this section). Is that close to Sean in San Leandro? :p

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...

I'll look into the clubs, hopefully I will be able to meet some of you, well so far it looks like the closest person is within 30 mile radius.

·
Registered
299 Posts
TotallyGreen and deddie, I live in Roseville. My friend from Sacramento ordered one also, but he doesn't have a computer. So that makes 4 in Sacto area. We may need to start our own branch of GGLC.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
The GGLC has a half dozen or so very active members in the great Sacto area. I'm sure they'd love to have a get together! In fact we're trying to schedule a fall event through the foothills and then end up in Sacto at some indoor karting place.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
84 Posts
Menlo Park, but I'll be whining for many more months before it finally graces my driveway! Best guess from dealer (#38 at Steve Harris Imports in Salt Lake City) is Jan/Feb- last I heard they were hoping to deliver through #30 by the end of the year.

I guess that gives me more time to decide on color, which changes weekly for me. I'm partial to Laser Blue, so Lotus, if you're listening, can you please keep that one in the lineup, just for me? Pretty please? :D

-Knute

·
Registered
299 Posts
khamai, I'd love to attend the indoor carting event. The place is called RPM off of Hwy 50. Been there many times. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Who else is in the Atlanta area???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts