The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having come to the conclusion that car will be too loud with de cat and club sport after chasing that setup for several hours on the track and it aint a pretty sound to guy spoiled by Tubi on my 997s....
My proposed solution is Larini Sport cat with Larini Sport single tip 8" - the goal is a cooler running car that I can eliminate the rear panel so I dont become a bottle rocket and get some marginal improvement in performance. the question is has anyone tried this combo and is the sound tolerable??? - I dont mind exhaust noise but not up for a fire belching whining droning rice rocket..Dont get me wrong - I love the car - just want it sorted for the track without giving me a head ache or causing me to burn myself in a religious frenzy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I hope someone has some input to this question, I've been wondering the same exact thing. I'd also be curious how the Larini headers effects the noise quality, in tandem with the 8" and Sport Cat...

·
Registered
403 Posts
+1

I'll be purchasing an Elise shortly and am interested in the Larini Sport Exhaust + Sport cat combo. Too loud or just right?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I only have the 6" sport installed and between 2000rpm~4000 theres this huge drone...

there will be this point where you wont hear yourself talking to yourself, not sure if its a serious drone or not:shrug:

but i am looking into changing header and decat w heat coating.

I m using my car everyday as DD and is in between a decision rather to change to louder more responsive(headers etc) or stay quiet(not like my 6" sport is anywhere QUIET)

btw mine is S240

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a Larini 8 with stock cat and exhaust manifold. It is very quiet, almost to quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts