The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After last weekend's track session my Pagids have had it so I figured it's time to break out the CL pads I bought a while back.

Problem is, however, that they simply don't fit in the calipers. The compound part is too massive. I was able to force them in Jeremy Clarkson style (I'll get a hammer....) but wheels don't rotate freely and this will generate massive amounts of heat seeing as a race compound don't wear out quickly....

Has anyone else with AP 4 pots had this happen?
Any tips on what to use to make them fit? Sanding or power grinder?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone else runs into this:

I sanded the pads down until they fit. About 1/20th of an inch on each pad. Works perfectly now. I advice a power sanding tool of sorts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Iveria,
How do you like the pads? I'm looking at various replacements myself (currently have Hawk). I'm kinda leaning between the CL RC6s and the Carbotech (XP12/XP10 for F/R).

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not having tried any other pad I have to say the CLs are superb. Grips perfectly from cold, excellent brake feel and Even after a 19 lap stint at the most brake-unfriemdly track I know off there was no sign of fading what so ever. I recommend you at least give them a try.

I ws told they would eat my brake discs, but they should be good for at leas another set, possibly two.

That being said I do hear a lot of good things about Performance Friction pads/discs.

·
Registered
843 Posts
At track temps the pads do not attack the rotors too badly, but at cold temp, they chew through the rotors quickly.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At track temps the pads do not attack the rotors too badly, but at cold temp, they chew through the rotors quickly.
I didn't know that, but seeing as I spend 85% of my time with this car on the track it would explain the lack of rotor wear :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts