The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard both the front and back portions of the Elise referred to as clam shells. I know the rear lift for trunk and engine access, but does the front clam shell left as well?

What's in the front clam shell besides the radiators?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I've heard both the front and back portions of the Elise referred to as clam shells. I know the rear lift for trunk and engine access, but does the front clam shell left as well?
At the rear there the boot lid which indeeds uncovers the engine compartement and the boot (trunk... trunk... trunk.... :)).

At the front the two plastic thingies come it buy loosing three screws. It's a hassle to do and I avoid doing it unless absolutely necessary.

What's in the front clam shell besides the radiators?
On the pre MY2004 Elises it contains the window washer bottle thingy and the fuse box. In MY2004 the window washer bottle was moved to the boot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also bear in mind that the entire rear and front sections are individually one piece so don't go scraping them :)

There isn't any real need to remove either of them for regular maintenance at all though, so it's not a problem for day-today use.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yup.. Don't damage it or you get something like this... (my car today after a Suzuki bike decided to head-butt it and lost...)

Needs a new front clam shell now. Oh well.. At lleast I'll have no stone-chips again :)

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Arno said:
Yup.. Don't damage it or you get something like this... (my car today after a Suzuki bike decided to head-butt it and lost...)
Oouch. My condolences. Any word if a roll of duct tape will come along with the mini-fire extinguisher and can of no-flat for the Federal Elise?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts