The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, I finally had time to install the clamhinge system (Beta Version) bought from Phil in summer 2008...
I chose to keep the rear panel instead of using the panel eliminator. I replaced all the bolts with 1/4 turn fasteners to remove it faster. For those with a 2bular 8 GT3 silencer, you need to cut the tip (1-1 1/4) to clear the tilted clam.
Because the catch cans take the place, I fixed a hook to the windshield washer tank to hold it.
My new battery location is a bit different than Phil's relocation because I didn't want to mod the "filling system" so the angle is not the same.

Of course, it's a little bit longer when you have to remove the rear panel and the fuel door lid...It takes me between 6 and 7 minutes to tilt the clam.
Now, it's time for a supercharger upgrade, (and many parts to upgrade too) and Phil's clamhinge kit is "a great tool" to do it...

Here's a few pictures :

Attachments

·
Banned
66 Posts
Looks dope.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Looks good. Wish it was a little less expensive for the kit. Id do it for sure then.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The kit is well worth every bodies hard earned dollars. I think it is under priced for the work that went into it and the low production numbers. I really love my clam hinge and am working on further minor improvements for getting different cans to fit for the exhaust too.

Curious why your doors were closed with the clam in the up position? I need mine open slightly so that seating the clam is smooth.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Wow Jean!!!! Your car is cleaner than mine was when it was new!!! Wow, just wow:bow:

Thanks for the props Rob and I'm glad you're enjoying the kit:up:

Good day,

Phil

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
With keeping the rear panel (which I like), do you think the kit will work with the base stock exhaust? There was some concern about interference with the stock exhause when the kit first came out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With keeping the rear panel (which I like), do you think the kit will work with the base stock exhaust? There was some concern about interference with the stock exhause when the kit first came out.
The 8 GT3 has a pretty big can...The stock exhaust is ovale but I think there is place under when the clam is tilted. I'm sure Phil already tried it...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious why your doors were closed with the clam in the up position? I need mine open slightly so that seating the clam is smooth.
I don't have to. When you "open" the clam, first you lift up, then you pull back while lifting. When you "close" the clam, if you lift up the back while closing, the seating will be perfectly smooth.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Last weekend, I finally had time to install the clamhinge system (Beta Version) bought from Phil in summer 2008...
I chose to keep the rear panel instead of using the panel eliminator. I replaced all the bolts with 1/4 turn fasteners to remove it faster. For those with a 2bular 8 GT3 silencer, you need to cut the tip (1-1 1/4) to clear the tilted clam.
Because the catch cans take the place, I fixed a hook to the windshield washer tank to hold it.
My new battery location is a bit different than Phil's relocation because I didn't want to mod the "filling system" so the angle is not the same.

Of course, it's a little bit longer when you have to remove the rear panel and the fuel door lid...It takes me between 6 and 7 minutes to tilt the clam.
Now, it's time for a supercharger upgrade, (and many parts to upgrade too) and Phil's clamhinge kit is "a great tool" to do it...

Here's a few pictures :
I'm glad to see you got around to getting the hinge on. I also like it with the rear panel also, thats why I kept mine.

I have been wanting to attatch my washer tank someplace else just because I don't like taking it off every time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts