The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Elise normal aspirated runs in SS what is the SCCA going to do with an Exige S? Seems like the Elise will e out classed.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
True... now I have two cars that completely stock from the factory are classed in A Street Prepared... :wallbang:
What a hard life ;)

BTW I won ASP @ TX National Tour in an almost stock Elise (not mine though cause I don't race it)

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
The car he won ASP with was a stock car as far as classing goes. He could have legally run it in SS that meet. The ASP group was not a strong one, there were no S variants of Lotus there, nor were there any top ASP drivers. So these SS "marauders" made away with the tires. Nice work! :clap:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
:up:

But remember, almost doesn't count, except in horseshoes and hand grenades.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Elise SC is ASP also.
The car I was driving was SS legal, in fact it was underprepped for SS. Didn't have aftermarket shocks or even a LSD. I meant it was hardly modified except a front bar, and wheels/tires. But yes it was a weak ASP field so I took advantage. My times (run in the same heat as SS) would've been good for 4th out of 20 in a strong SS field though.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Definitely, you drove great in the same heat and would have trophied anyway. Instead you got a nice trophy and better still $450 worth of Hoosiers! Nice going, we were all miffed we didn't think of it first LOL.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Definitely, you drove great in the same heat and would have trophied anyway. Instead you got a nice trophy and better still $450 worth of Hoosiers! Nice going, we were all miffed we didn't think of it first LOL.
rotflrotfl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts