The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, October 19 classic car show in Rockville, MD. Lotus will be featured prominently.

Sorry Elise, Exige, Evora and some Esprit owners, you can only come and look. Eligible cars are up to 1988. So the G bodied and first year Stevens Esprits are good to go.

Car registration starts at 8:30, field opens to spectators at 11:00 am.

I know a fair number of older Lotus will be there. Come see the cars that make the Elige look overweight!

http://www.rockvillemd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4695

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll be there! Are you bringing the Europa?
Yup, I was there with the Europa. Wasn't pre-registered, so I was with the Lotus group up on the hill. Turns out that sponsoring clubs could have cars newer than 1988, so there were some newer Eprits and a couple of Evoras, including a 2014, there.

This was my first extended drive with the Europa: backroads, highways, fun exit ramps. I truly enjoy this car as much as any Lotus I've owned, even more than either the Elise or Exige. That latter are by far more robust and reliable, but a properly running Europa is a joy.

Of course, today's perfect ride in a Europa is tomorrow's ride on a roll back.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
still more.

More Lotus pics, including the nicest aftermarket installation of forced induction on an 05 Elise I've seen. Owner claims 280whp.

I've been to a lot of shows, but never one quite like this. EVERYTHING you can think of was there: all manner of old/new Ferrari, bunch of Mustangs, three Shelby GT350's; Lambos, Model T's (plural), all kinds of MG's, Triumphs, Jags, Healys, Tigers, Minis, Rolls, Bentleys, Packard, Studebaker (Avantis, Hawks, others). Even a Hupmobile.

Camaros of all older vintage, Vette's, Alfa Romeo, Lancia (including a nice Stratos), Opel Manta, AMX, vintage fire trucks, vintage military, Honda 600, Aquacar, Olds, Plymouth, Chevy (including probably the only non rusted Cosworth Vega in existence)...really, you name it, it was there.

My favorite? My first car was a Pinto. There was a Pinto there with 1,000 documented miles.

Begs the question: why?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Saw your car, missed you. I noticed modern Ferraris and Lotus; next year I'll bring mine.

My favorites: The V-16 Cadillac - aluminum crankcase and engine turned dash. The 1929 Model A Good Humor truck! One of two.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I missed you!

That ice cream truck showed up at The Church of The Holy Donut this morning.

Next year, before you bring your car, make sure the DC Chapter of Lotus Ltd is a sponsoring club. Being a sponsoring club, as with the Ferrari club, is what allows cars newer than 25 years old.

I wasn't aware of that until I got there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts