The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing mixed things on whether you should clay the star shield. Some people say yes some no and the manual says not to. But there is some grit that I know only a clay bar can remove. I just do not want to damage the shield by applying too much pressure.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
ace with you around why should anybody EVER use the SEARCH function? rotfl

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Ace > Search

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
No clay.

Starshield rips easily.

Wax the starshield! :clap:
You can clay it. No problems. If it can't withstand clay, how can it withstand the daily sandblasting it'll get on the road? Just make sure you use plenty of soap and water or quik detail. Then wax it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Definitely can. I wouldn't use aggressive clay - I use mild. I also polish/glaze/wax it with my porter cable buffer. Makes it look great!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Why search when there's Ace10 especially if you have touring wheels (countdown to Tim...10, 9...)

But seriously, what is 13/42?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Why search when there's Ace10 especially if you have touring wheels (countdown to Tim...10, 9...)

Matthew 13:42
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. :evil:

·
Registered
15 Posts

on the list of threads ace pasted into his post, 13 and 42 are the last 2 numbers of the ones worth reading...i assume.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
You can clay it. No problems. If it can't withstand clay, how can it withstand the daily sandblasting it'll get on the road? Just make sure you use plenty of soap and water or quik detail. Then wax it.
Don't clay it.

It rips.

Trust me.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
did you hit a edge and it started to peel?

Im not seeing this ripping with a mild mequiars clay kit:shrug:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
you can clay it - anytime you clay you should use a lubricant - mist bottle, if the clay feels "sticky" across the surface, you are not claying correctly!

paint protection films are soft - so you should clay soft and easy. paint finish are harder, as such you can clay more agressive.

i clayed every inch of my starshield - no problems, and then zaino 'd it as well.

use clay very very clean and lubricated - thats the secret

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
But the LARRY guy said trust him:confused:

·
Registered
537 Posts
which clay is good for our cars?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts