The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Computercut System and i have cut Rockers for my Car Just wanted to see if anyone was interested. If i could get the precuts for the rest of the car i will be able to get and part you want

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You must of missed the group buy we just did.. Most of us have been supplied

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
What materials can you supply. The stock starsheil is almost worthless on the rockers. Although I haven't stripped the starsheild there off to veruify, my bet is that I will have to repaint there. The torn up starsheild looks way crappier than chpped paint IMO. I don't like the black ones, but if that's the only alternative, I guess I may consider that. A thicker, tougher clear solution would be preferable.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
All films are not created equal, and vary a lot in price. I hope you are not supplying a non-top coated film (which would seem impossible not to do at that price) which will have less durability that the standard starshield.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, a friend of mine owns a tint shop in Boca Raton and he uses ClearShield http://www.clearshield.com/ We buy it by the roll and cut it with the Computer. Im trying to get the Full Temps of the car so i will be able to cut any part. We do have it in different Thicknesses and will be same price for all

·
Registered
992 Posts
yeah i'm resuscitating this thread from last year...

I'm interested in feedback from people who've had a Clearshield section for at least a season or two. What's your experience been?

My body shop recommended me to a place that only uses Clearshield now (used to do 3M)... any info would be appreciated before I get the front clam re-done with Clearshield.

THANKS in advance!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I can do your complete front end so you don't have a seam running across by the headlights. I've also got away from using 3M as it just isn't the best product any more. I have the material I sell behind the rear tires and it has been on for 4 years and 48K miles and still looks fine. I recently replaced the rockers as they were worn and did the complete front end kit because I wanted extended coverage and no seam.

·
Registered
992 Posts
K - Not to be dense but I'm not clear on what you're using ...is it clearshield or something else?

THANKS!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
K - Not to be dense but I'm not clear on what you're using ...is it clearshield or something else?

THANKS!
Never heard of clearshield. There are a lot of brands and most of them just put their name on someone elses product (as in the case of armorfend, ventureshield, etc etc etc). Kind of like how most tissue paper is referred to as Kleenex or any cotton swab a qtip. 90% of them are using some form of 3M, including starshield. It used to be the best and everyone knows the name, but quite honestly it's just not the top of the game anymore. There are a lot of variations in quality even from the same manufacture (coated, uncoated, thickness, orange peel, porousity, strength, clarity, etc). I've got samples of almost every franchise product and firmly believe the product I use is the best I've ever found from anywhere, and I've compared and tested many of them. The whole front of my car is covered and you can't even see the stuff. On the way to LOG I hit a chunk of tire rubber that was bouncing down the road and left a huge black scuff. A bit of Zaino all in one later and it was totally gone with no damage to the film. I put a sign in my window at car shows when parked because otherwise you would not know there is film on the car (when it's more than 50% covered in film) and people come up to me asking me what on the car is covered because they can't tell where it is.

I'm in the process of moving into a new place but if you'd like me to explain the differences just call or text and leave me a message. My # is on the top of my website which is listed in my sig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts