The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clank noise when depressing clutch

I am getting some odd clicking noise when depressing the clutch. It appears to be only at higher RPM's over 4K. I added a link to an MP3 recording and amplified the volume at the points you can hear the click noise. I had the recording at my left shoulder near the window driver side.
Click noises at 3-4sec, at 12 sec, at 28 sec

anyone heard this before?

Click noises

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i will try that. Listening more it sounds more like something to do with the unload of the engine and shifting maybe. Like something is shifting during the unload (release the gas) and clanking against something.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Thanks i will try that. Listening more it sounds more like something to do with the unload of the engine and shifting maybe. Like something is shifting during the unload (release the gas) and clanking against something.
I could not hear what you describe in the recording, but by above description you should check your engine mounts.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could not hear what you describe in the recording, but by above description you should check your engine mounts.
Thanks i found the problem. And it was a stupid one. Left a mag light in the diffuser tray. It was rolling around each time i slowed and speed up. Checked everything to make sure it did no damage. All is fine. not even any scratches or dings on the exhaust. And the Mag light still works.
This was just to test and confirm the toughness of a MAG flashlight. It passed with flying colors. Get a MAG light, they last in all conditions. :D LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts