The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Interesting—as always, what do I know? Nothing. But the clicking noise on my 14 S began with well under 10k on the clock. Probably more like 5k.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 400 with 10,400 miles and started noticing the snapping twigs some time ago. I have the forged wheels and check the torque on the bolts regularly, keeping approx at spec (though they don’t loosen). I brought to my dealer who serviced as follows: “Installed A138G6012F: Wheel bolt with collar - 57M Qty:20. Installed updated wheel bolts per aftersales” and they covered under warranty. I am wondering if this is not common on 400s as most have not seen a ton of miles yet but from conversation with my dealer this is well known to them and they knew just what to do. No noise post replacement but it has only been a few days too.
Interesting. I hadn't heard about Lotus replacing them. Suggests a known problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 400 has 8,000 miles currently. They have replaced the bolts twice now for this issue under warranty. After each replacement the noise did stay away for about a week then slowly started coming back. Just had the lubricant applied to the hub surface per Lotus recs two days ago. So far so good....let's see how it goes over the next couple of weeks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Tried the copper grease on the bolts. No luck for me. I must admit the stock wheels never did it (to my knowledge anyway), only the aftermarket. Oh well, I’ll pull em off and clean the hub / wheel faces next.

As long as the wheels aren’t going to fall of it’s no big deal really.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts