The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled into the Post Office lot today in my Elise, got out of my car, and a woman comes racing up behind me. She calls out to me, so I go over to her. She tells me she's just arrived from England 3 weeks ago to teach here for 3 years. She then tells me that her "best mate" in England is the Product Development Manager for Lotus, Simon Croft. She says he told her to let him know when she spotted her first Elise in the US -- and that was mine! So she said she'd be writing to him to let him know.

We talked for a bit -- she seemed genuinely excited to see the car. She told me about all the time she's spent with Simon, test driving all kinds of cars. She said she misses driving the Elise, and that she hasn't driven a US-spec car yet (they wouldn't let her do it in the UK, for insurance reasons). Turns out she lives a few blocks from me, so I offered to have her over soon to drive mine. Heck, she can probably teach me a thing or 2 about piloting this thing! Looking forward to that.

Must say, that little encounter really made my day! :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Very cool. Save the pint of bitter for after the drive. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Simon is a member of this forum.

:)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Ok, so now that we have established a link with Simon, our next mission is to find Colin Chapmans kids and the girl named Elise who the car was named after.

They can be the special guests at the next LOG. Wonder if Elise is old enough to drive yet?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow, what a coincidence.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
deddie said:
Was she hot? :D
She may have been but I don't think she is pin's type;)

Pin that is a very cool story, let us know how the test drive goes:)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Im headed for West Virginia cause I wanna be #2!!! Good story Pin!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
maybe she's travelling? :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Patricko said:
She may have been but I don't think she is pin's type;)
Yeah, if I started noticing women, it might upset my boyfriend!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Croft is the name of a track in northern England. My dad drives his westfield there on occasion. I always assumed that the US elise got it's development name from there. I seem to remember that either the S1 or S2 had the name "Monza" for a while?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI,
Yep, Simon said it was named after the track. He came joined Lotus UK last Sept. I do think he tried to hustle some beers at LOG with the last name tho!!;)
Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts