The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
** Group Buy Closed!!!! ***

At the end of the year, I was informed by Penske that there was a siginificant price increase coming on all Penske products. I negotiated a large buy at the 2019 prices so we decided to do a group buy!

These are the custom built BWR Penske's that have been developed exclusively for the Elise and Exige. 10+ SCCA Solo/Pro Solo Championships, Multiple NASA championships and of course based on the technology used in F1, Nascar, and MotoGP today! Help your Lotus Handle better, Ride smoother, and inspire confidence on the street and track!

See the countless reviews positive reviews on Lotus Talk or our website.

Here's the deal:

• Only applies to shocks with the hand adjuster knob option in the case of Double or Single Adjustable.
  • For DA and SA, any spring combo 500/700 Street, 550F/800R track, 350F/500R cruiser street Or either regular or cruiser pack springs on NA dampers.
  • Pricing: Starts at $150 off DA, $100 of SA, and $50 off Non-Adjustables
  • Once 5 total orders are in, additional $100 off all Double orders and additional $50 off all Singles or Non-Adjustable on order.
  • If we reach 10 orders, additional $100 off all Doubles and additional $50 off Singles or NA.
  • First 2 orders of DAs on our website get ADDITIONAL $50 off regardless of volume! (potentially $400 off for the first 2 DA buyers!)
Thus once we get to 10 sets, DAs are $350 off! Singles $200 off!, and Non-Adjustables $150 off!

The details:

• Because of Tiered pricing and to protect the integrity of the process, there will be a 15% cancellation fee.
  • All sets should ship within 2-3 weeks of conclusion of the group buy.
  • Regular shipping charges apply.
  • We reserve the right to fix errors in pricing and the website.
This is the last time to get BWR Penske shocks at such great prices! Everyone looking for an excuse to treat yourself, this is it! Get your friends and fellow Lotus folks on board to get the best deals for everyone! Once it is over, it is over!

1. John C. - DA Bonus $50 off!
2. Fooli0 - DA Bonus $50 off!
3. realkiran - DA Dampers!
4. RichG - NA Cruiser Pack!
5. Zala NA Street/track! Everyone now has additional $100 off DAs and $50 off SA and NA!
6. Dave C - SA Street/Track!
7. Quatro574 - SA 350/500!
8. Exigealicious - DA Street/Track!
9. Aaron J - NA Street/Track!
10. SupaExige - DA Track Only! Additional $100 off DAs and $50 off SA and NA!

** Group Buy Closed!!!! ***

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I honestly haven't had any suspension better than the Penske DAs I bought from Fred when the first group buy was offered here. One of the best (if not the best) mods I've done. I used his recommended settings and never looked back.

San

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, San I am really glad you're enjoying them!

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2nd DA Bonus order in! Only 3 more orders until the next price drop for everyone! Grab your friends and fellow Elige owners! Don't let them miss out on this last chance to make their Lotus so much better.

Not sure if everyone has gone back to look at old posts about these dampers but here are a few of the highlights:

Lotus saved cost to bring this car in at $39,900 back in 2005. They did NOT skip on the chassis, bringing the first AEROSPACE grade bonded Aluminum chassis. Super-stiff and light. There is nothing like it for 10x the cost. However, the Shocks are tiny. Very Narrow body, tiny shaft Bilsteins.

Shocks work by moving fluid through controlled orifices. The fluid moves because it is offset by the volume of the shaft entering the body. 2 problems here with the Bilsteins. The shaft is tiny so not much fluid is offset. Additionally, the bodies are narrow so there is not much room for pistons to control that fluid. The net result is that there is very little control. With little control, they restrict fluid flow with tiny orrifices to slow down the shaft which makes the shocks less responsive and harsh riding. They try to compensate with super soft springs, but that just makes controlling Roll and Dive difficult.

When we designed these shocks we wanted a large diameter body with a big diameter shaft. Way more fluid is displaced and we have much larger piston area to control that movement. However, these aluminum bodied dampers with Eibach springs are over 1 lb LIGHTER per corner. The seal package is low friction for great response.

The Results? Stiffer springs are used to control energy coming into the wheel and the dampers have the CONTROL to manage that energy. This results in better platform control i.e. far flatter cornering, much less dive, however, BETTER ride quality. Harshness is gone. With DA and SA, true race car feel when dialed to competition settings but comfortable European style ride when dialed back to street settings. Unlock the potential of your Lotus!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
My DA Penske's from BWR are one of the best upgrades I made!
FYI I went with the 500/700 spring rates. Couldn't be happier; if you're not sure what spring rates, Fred will guide you through the process.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Too soon! I want Penske N/A's for my 06 supercharged Elise. I'm on the base suspension so I'm hoping for a fantastic improvement in ride. I barely swapped out the base cast wheels/Conti DWS06 over to my S260 wheels/Conti ECS and noticed a significant improvement in how it drives.

I was planning this upgrade for this summer. How long do I have to decide to hop in? Got to look at my budget first.

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too soon! I want Penske N/A's for my 06 supercharged Elise. I'm on the base suspension so I'm hoping for a fantastic improvement in ride. I barely swapped out the base cast wheels/Conti DWS06 over to my S260 wheels/Conti ECS and noticed a significant improvement in how it drives.

I was planning this upgrade for this summer. How long do I have to decide to hop in? Got to look at my budget first.
Hi Zala, Group Buy should be open about a week or so. We'll see how it goes! Cheers!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess you only live once... put me down for a DA set! Seems like the 500/700 is the most adjustable, but I've read enough posts regretting not doing the harder springs. I think I'll go full race!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I guess you only live once... put me down for a DA set! Seems like the 500/700 is the most adjustable, but I've read enough posts regretting not doing the harder springs. I think I'll go full race!
I did the same (full race) and they're more comfortable (while firmer) than the Nitron singles I replaced. You won't regret it.

San

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3rd order for Double-Adjustables! Only 2 orders away from a big price drop for everyone! Remember, the quantity price drops are for ANY set of Penskes. So if you want Single or Non-Adjustables, getting in on the group buy will help drop your price AND everyone else's!

·
Registered
60 Posts
3rd order for Double-Adjustables! Only 2 orders away from a big price drop for everyone! Remember, the quantity price drops are for ANY set of Penskes. So if you want Single or Non-Adjustables, getting in on the group buy will help drop your price AND everyone else's!
Hi Fred,

Left you a PM re Penske NAs. Not sure if you had a chance to see.

Thanks

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Zala, Still getting used to the funky forum that makes inbox status a mystery! Got it and replied. Email is more realtime if you need a fast answer. [email protected]

Cheers!

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to RichG we are 1 order away from the next discount tier! That's an additional Hundy($100) off the DAs and Fitty($50) off the SA and NA! ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Zala, Still getting used to the funky forum that makes inbox status a mystery! Got it and replied. Email is more realtime if you need a fast answer. [email protected]

Cheers!
Noted! Just PM/emailed about a little blocker trying to get my order in. Fellow Lotus brethren, consider me #5 as soon as I can get my order in per my preferences. Yay discounts!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Done! Order #5 is in. I'm so looking forward to this to make my Lotus complete!

I'm so spoiled by the tight handling of my FA coilovers on my NC Miata and the factory track pack on my Alfa 4C. I fully expect the Lotus to really dance on the road!

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cha-Ching! Now have 5 and everyone gets money off! I've spoken to several folks today. Only 5 more orders to MAXIMUM DISCOUNT!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts