The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Toybox, Will Do! 6 People in! Only 4 more sets to lowest discount tier! Group buy will be closing on Monday 2/17/20! Reach out to every Lotus owner so they don't miss out!

·
Vendor
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Group buy ending tonight at Midnight Pacific Time. Get you orders in soon! Only a few orders away from deepest discount tier!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fred, you've described the benefits of your hardware selection in this thread, but might also want to mention what differentiates your valving design.

·
Vendor
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fred, you've described the benefits of your hardware selection in this thread, but might also want to mention what differentiates your valving design.
Andreas, Good point! Without getting into proprietary details, I've personally spent 1000+ hours on the shock dyno developing valving for these cars. All of it started with development on our XP Car in terms of finding what generates grip and confidence inspiring driveability. This was transferred into our Street Tired wide-body Optima car and our street tired test mule. We're able to give compliance to bumpy street or track conditions but still control the platform. Anyone can make a car stiff. Anyone can make a car not lean in a turn. The real question is how do you get the car to be responsive and light on its feet, without being edgy? How to put down power but still transition quickly? Answer: Take great hardware with low friction, move alot of fluid and control it properly.

People have told me repeated that they are amazed they can run 2X the stock spring rate but the car rides better. Less lean but also less harshness over bumps. Another customer took 8 seconds off his Limerock laptime! Part of that was more grip, but a bigger part was the confidence the car inspired because he could step over the limit of traction and bring the car back with little drama.

Bottomline is that Lotus spent their money on the foundation(chassis) and to save money they put inexpensive dampers on it. The great news is that it is an easy problem to fix!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I'm number 7. Just placed my order for SA with 350/500 springs based on my use case and Fred's suggestion.
There must be three more people on the fence. Jump in the waters fine!

·
Vendor
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Woo-Hoo! Lucky #7! Still a few hours left. I've spoken to several folks in the US and abroad, so I think if all of them jump in we'll have 10+. At the very least only 3 to go now!

·
Vendor
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
#8 is GREAT!!!!! Penske DA's for Exigealicious! 2 more to go. Tick-Tock! Group Buy closes at midnight PST tonight!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
As an existing user I don't benefit from this group buy, but can confirm that behaviors like car control at the limit and compliance over bumps are very noticeably improved compared to stock. You're not just buying Penskes here. The level of development is much greater than what usually goes into a commercial kit.

·
Vendor
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Got the order, Krule!!!! Only one more to go!

SupaExige, Thanks! You need to get the order on the site, however. Still have a few hours!

·
Vendor
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Boom! That's it, magic #10!!!!! EVERYONE GETS THE BEST DEAL!!!! Very cool. OK. Here's what's going to happen. I will start building a crapload of shocks! I have quite a number of parts on hand so the early sets should go out fairly quickly. I'll get the inventory sorted and the balance will go out within the 2-3 week timeframe I mentioned in the first post. I will bill the cards and adjust the pricing accordingly.

Thanks everyone! Get ready for a better riding and handling Lotus Season!

Cheers,

Fred

·
Registered
9 Posts
I choose just the wrong time to check the threads. Still possible to join in on the group buy? I've been looking to upgrade to the Penske SA.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts