The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a used or possibly new SC kit. Was aiming for BOE300 but open to others if anyone has something they are looking to move.

also anyone know if BOE runs 4th of July sales?

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
I have my stock Evora S Supercharger, removed at about 30K miles and replaced with BOE chargecooler setup.

You'll need the relevant pulley bracket to accommodate, but I do have the supercharger unit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my stock Evora S Supercharger, removed at about 30K miles and replaced with BOE chargecooler setup.

You'll need the relevant pulley bracket to accommodate, but I do have the supercharger unit.
sorry! That was my bad... I’m running an 06 exige

·
Registered
46 Posts
I purchased my 2005 Elise with a factory SC. If I had it to do again I would go BOE300. From my research the BOE set up better on cooling, power and flexibility for future upgrades. I am sure you will find someone who has experience with both factory and BOE to give you insight on how they compare on the road. Good luck I am sure you will be happy either way

·
Administrator
1,534 Posts
REV300 or REV400 hands down

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased my 2005 Elise with a factory SC. If I had it to do again I would go BOE300. From my research the BOE set up better on cooling, power and flexibility for future upgrades. I am sure you will find someone who has experience with both factory and BOE to give you insight on how they compare on the road. Good luck I am sure you will be happy either way
that’s partly why I’m debating just holding off for a new BOE300. The intake sensors for proper tuning and cooling, ability to make safe power, and future upgrades make it an excellent choice!
Although I have seen stock SC kits go for great prices and I am exploring what it would take to properly cool the stock kits. MonkeyWrench is pretty close to me and they could do a safe tune

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
If you get a tune for the stock kit it will be better on track then a Rev300 since the latter does not have any intercooler. The stock intercooler or some aftermarket cooler is not AWFUL the main problem is the timing retard table is set insanely low for some reason (warranty?).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you get a tune for the stock kit it will be better on track then a Rev300 since the latter does not have any intercooler. The stock intercooler or some aftermarket cooler is not AWFUL the main problem is the timing retard table is set insanely low for some reason (warranty?).
Yeah and I do have the BOE surge tank + wideband ready to go to make sure fuel delivery is there! Cooling is my biggest fear with any of the kits and the massive reduction in the timing when it sees heat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am actually thinking of going to rev400 setup in the next couple months and may have my setup available if timing isn't an issue? Do you plan to track the car a lot?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A member above actually hooked me up so I’m all set thanks! :)

·
Administrator
1,534 Posts
Closed

Reactions: BobaFettm
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.