The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All:
At least two of our members, Randy Chase and Robert Puertas will be competing at SCCA nationals in Topeka, Kansas this September. As the High plains coordinator for Club111 I'd like to invite you to come join us and put faces to the names/avatars. Please reply here or PM me so I can get a count. This way I can get something planned for us to go cheer and support our online friends (not to mention see the Elise in what'll be arguably it's first race in US.) Furthermore, this being Kansas I'm sure that we can rustle up some roast beast BBQ and imbibe. :)
Cheers,

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since this is getting close, I'd like to resurrect this thread so we can get something going. In the spirit of the season I'd like a straw poll of all who are going to be in KS for SCCA nationals. Then we can figure out a time to get together and imbibe.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What days are you guys planning on being here?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flying? What are you driving?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How does monday night sound? Start the week off right, head to Boss Hawgs for a couple of racks of ribs and plan the activities for the rest of the week ;)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Sorry, I hadn't seen this earlier. I should arrive Monday in the early afternoon, leaving Thursday afternoon. I'm running Tuesday/Wednesday, first class out in the first heat. With #43, some bastard ;) in a bimmer took my normal #42.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
Hmmm, one of my co-drive options is a 325i in STX...
Bring it! :evil:

Well, in reality, you probably wouldn't have to be worried about me. I just want to drive well, but I expect to be in the lower parts of the rankings in any case. It's brutal running in a class of 50 drivers, almost all of them very fast.

I thought you were going to sneak into a class driving Randy's Elise?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Unfortunate, sometimes real life messes up this racing stuff.

I called and cancelled my entry. I will not be going at all. I will be staying home and taking care of my wife.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you can't make it, Randy. I was looking forward to meeting you. Situations like this remind us that the things that we sometimes think are important, like cars, really aren't. Best wishes to you and your wife, I hope that everything goes well with the treatment she needs.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mchferrari said:
Can't wait!
That was actually last september, and as I see on the other thread you know about our Sat a.m. GTG in Lawrence. Good to see anouther T town etalker.

·
Registered
106 Posts
babak said:
That was actually last september, and as I see on the other thread you know about our Sat a.m. GTG in Lawrence. Good to see anouther T town etalker.
Shoot!
Well then I can't wait til the June event that's on the HPT website.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts