The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GGLC & Club111 are presenting a Lotus Track Day on October 18th at Buttonwillow Raceway (just off I5 near Bakersfield, CA).

Entry is NOW open.

GGLC & Club111 Members get a discounted entry fee. Enter by Oct 1st and get an added discount.
GGLC & Club111 Members: $145 (before 10/1), $165 (after 10/1)
Non-Members: $155 (before 10/1), $175 (after 10/1)
Additional driver for same car is $50

In the event of a sell-out GGLC & Club111 Members get priority, then Lotus cars and then all others. The past 3 GGLC Track Days have sold out so we advise signing up early.

For more info and on-line sign-up go to:
http://www.gglotus.org/trkdays/ggtrkday.htm

See you there!
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reminder...

Only 7 days left for the early bird discount entry fee for the 10/18 GGLC/Club111 Track Day at Buttonwillow.

This will be the FIRST Club111 Track Day, so let's see a few Elises there!!! If we get enough of us we can arrange for a special Elise only session.

To enter on-line go to http://www.gglotus.org/trkdays/ggtrkday.htm

Cheers!
Kiyoshi

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Kiyoshi,

I want to register. Do you have some sort of money back guarantee in case things here change and I can't make it?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Randy Chase said:
Kiyoshi,

I want to register. Do you have some sort of money back guarantee in case things here change and I can't make it?
In the past we've been pretty liberal about refunds. Just give us a couple days notice if possible. What hurts is when someone bails on the evening before and it's a sold out event. Then we don't have the opportunity to get someone off the wait list.

Make sense?

Kiyoshi

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Of course, that is actually quite generous. Many have a no refund policy and then you have to sell your spot.

I will know way before that... probably in the next few days I hope.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
REMINDER...

Today is the last day to get the early bird discount for the GGLC/Club111 Track Day on Oct 18th at Buttonwillow.

Entry fee is $145 for Club111 members (GGLC members too!). Goes up to $165 tomorrow on.

Will be fun!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks. I don't need deluxe place really. I've been to two Track days at Buttonwillow and both times I was staying at Super7. I was just curious if any social meeting was planned.

khamai said:
check the buttonwillow website for a list of nearby motels (along I5)
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/

Also check "Best Western" for motels along I5 in that area. Don't expect anything deluxe!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm signed up. Is there anywhere i could see a list of how many people are going and what cars will be there? Also what configuration are we running?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steve

Look forward to seeing you there!

I don't have the answers to your questions, but drop a note to John Zender (GGLC Track Day Chairman) at [email protected].

The last 2-3 events were sold out, but I think there's only about 30 entries for this one. That means there will be LOTS of track time for everyone and we can be flexible about what configuration is used. If I recall last year we ran the long track and then ran it in the opposite direction in the afternoon.

You'll find John is open to suggestions and will accomodate the group as much he can without compromising safety.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Doesn't look like I will have my car operational by then. It may well have arrived but I still have to square up with Calif DMV before driving the car..
Anyone know if there is a grace window from when the car arrives and when you have to pay the tax and license? Randy??

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From the CA DMV...

"How do I register the vehicle with out-of-state plates that I purchased?

You must apply for California registration and pay all registration and license fees within 20 days of your purchase.

You will need to:

* Complete an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343)
* Submit the out-of-state title signed by the seller
* Provide an odometer mileage certification signed by both you (the buyer) and the seller
* Provide evidence of the California Smog Certification
* Bring your vehicle to a DMV office for verification of the vehicle's identification number (for your convenience, we recommend that you schedule an appointment by calling your local DMV)
*Pay the fees "

Looks like you have 20 days -
more info at:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/osreg.htm#BM2561

Kiyoshi

1 - 20 of 49 Posts