The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Club111 picnic & drive (Northern CA)

To celebrate the arrival of the Elise in the US, the Northern California branch of Club111, together with GGLC would like to invite you to a picnic lunch on Saturday, (edit: date changed to 8/21), at Stevens Creek Park in Cupertino. This no-charge activity will be a 'bring your own picnic' event, though snack food will be provided free of charge. Since the event is still in the planning stages, we're not sure exactly how many Elises will be there, but expect to have at least a couple. Stop by to learn more about these amazing cars, and about Club111, the newly formed US Elise club. The picnic will conclude with a short Elise-led drive through the hills. Keep an eye on this thread for more details to be posted as the date draws nearer.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I'm there! :D

Won't have my Elise, but I'll bring a Lotus.

There's sure to be some folks from the GGLC including some Elise owners.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I'm there...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Suh-weet!

Are the "haves" committing to give rides to the "have-nots" at the event? :clap:

Even if not :( I will be there! Won't bring a Lotus, but will bring a mini-van :huh: unless I can find a route short enough to travel in the GEM.

Larry

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'll try to make it, but no promises yet. I may not be turning up in a Liz though. I doubt if #6 will arrive by the 7th.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Let's pray at least Matt gets and brings his Elise.

Tintin said:
I'll try to make it, but no promises yet. I may not be turning up in a Liz though. I doubt if #6 will arrive by the 7th.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: DATE CHANGED

Due to slower than expected customer deliveries, we're going to postpone this picnic two weeks, to Saturday, August 21st. Having at least one Elise at the event is critical, and this will ensure that can happen. Our plan is to have at least one customer car present, and hopefully get a local dealer to bring their demo car as well (please don't expect test drives that day if they do bring it). Nothing is final yet, but that's what we're working on.

More details will follow in the weeks to come.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
90% I'll be up in Sunnyvale during the month of August. So I will most likely make a surprise appearence.

Since MW and I will be at Monterrey on the 15th, I don't think I can get her to come to this also -- unless something extraordinary happens, and she has to run an errand for me by way of the coast!!!

Edit 8/2: Well, not entirely sadly, the 10% chance materialized, so I probably won't be making it there this month.

But it was great meeting a bunch of you in Foster City last week. We'll certainly get together again after the elises arrive.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ancient Wedgie said:
90% I'll be up in Sunnyvale during the month of August. So I will most likely make a surprise appearence.

Since MW and I will be at Monterrey on the 15th...
Great! See ya then. As for Monterey, if you go to Concorso Italiano, be sure to stop by and say hi - if all goes well (like, if my car arrives in time!), my Elise will be in the Lotus Corral there.

·
Registered
770 Posts
We're invited to friend's weding ceremony that day 8/21. Depending on the timing I'm hoping to at least show up at the picnic. Matt, what time do you plan to start?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
apkom said:
We're invited to friend's weding ceremony that day 8/21. Depending on the timing I'm hoping to at least show up at the picnic. Matt, what time do you plan to start?
It'll probably be 11:00-2:00, though I'd be getting there much earlier than that to reserve the spot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hope to come along with my S1, but I'm having a bunch of logistics issues at the moment since I'm moving house this month and the new place currently has a dirt driveway and no decent garage space - It is on Skyline blvd tho (south of Hwy 9 at the Los Gatos end) so it will eventually be nice after some building work. I've had to store some of my toys while I sort myself out... :(

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a reminder, our Club 111 / GGLC picnic is next weekend! Time will be from 10-2, and we'll be asking the dealers to have their cars there at least from 11-1. We're still working on final confirmation of Elise demos, but look likely to have two. MAYBE one customer car, will know more next week.

Drinks & snacks will be provided; bring your own sandwich or other lunch-like substance.

Directions will be posted early next week. Location has not changed - Stevens Creek park, in Cupertino. it's a few miles south of 280 on Foothill.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts